BBQ Charcoal in HCMC

Hi Guys,

stange question but im really struggling to get an answer. I trying to buy BBQ charcoal and lighter fluid in HCMC. Home delivery option would be great.

Many thanks.

Welcome to Expat.com IrishmanAbroad!

Good luck in your research,
Harmonie.:)

Hey, check out "Metro" - i saw BBQ gear but i am sure they have charcoal too.

Have you found charcoal yet?

In Vietnamese it's called  "bức họa bằng than" or just "than". I've never seen it in any western type stores, but it's widely used by the people here for everyday cooking. Don't need starter fluid, just a few small pieces of newspaper and some flame. Word of caution, it burns extremely hot and the fumes are even more toxic that the stuff we use back home. My wife has it brought to the house every once in awhile, not sure what type of store carrys it, but it shouldn't be to hard to find.

we found it in a side street around here. Ok it wasn't really for sale but the lady had a huge basket full of it and we've been dying to grill some Omaha steaks so we begged her to sell two bags to us...about $2.50 each bag. She kind of told our driver that there's a guy that will drive in a scooter about every other day selling it. The fun part should be sitting and waiting and trying to figure out which guy is it.

For now, we're very happy with our bag, should be enough for a couple of times.

They home deliver all over, except in Phu My Hung. The VN charcoal man is usually seen in one of those three-wheeled motorcycle trucks. Carry a couple of bags on your bike and flag one down.

Giants Supermarket, near Phu My Hung, is selling some great looking BBQ's and stuff - right at the back on the left-hand side, on the corner.

They also sell camping/outdoors gear made by Coleman.