Vietnam Passport

Hi,

Would appreciate if anyone can tell me how much Dong/USD to make a passport in HCMC? I want to send money to my friend for her to come to Singapore.
Thank you

Officially, it costs 200.000 VNDs, and takes about 7 - 10 days.

I was in HCMC last week and the receptionist of the hotel told me it costs about usd 100. Maybe it is 2000000d, right?

100 USDs means that, aside from the official fee, the receptionist gets a cut, her runner gets a cut and the immigration officer that they know gets a cut.  But, that better be a same day pick-up and delivery, not the standard 7 - 10 days thing.  Make sure...

Wow..The receptionist told me nowadays passport can be done thru agencies, e.g. tour agent this can be done within 3-4 days.

So do you mean if it's done in gov dept, it only cost 200.000 VNDs which will takes 7-10 days without having to fork up extra "administration fees" by the middleman? May i know the exact name of the dept to be done in HCM?

If your friend is not familiar with the process, then tell him/her to go to the immigration office (Phong Xuat Nhap Canh) and buy the passport package for a couple of thousands Dongs.  It has all the instructions on the cover.

In HCMC, the immigration office is on Nguyen Trai Street, near that Police Headquarter.  That is all you will need; and yes, it will only cost you 200.000 VNDs.  Furthermore, in HCMC, the wait time might even be shorter.  The 7 - 10 days is for Can Tho.  Good luck.

My friend noted and says if it's 200000d, she will do it herself. I already email her all the info you given.

Very appreciate for your help! I love this site :)

If there is online application as in Singapore, that will be much better :)

Once again, thanks!

Hey Wang,

Don't hold me to that exact figure, OK.  It all depends on your friend.  If she play the cards right, her photos will be taken at the station for free.  But if not, that will cost her a few thousand Dongs more.  All and all, it should never be anywhere near that $100 USDs figure, REGARDLESS!!!