BANKING JOBS FOR AN SPANISH GUY

Hi, friends!

My couple and I are thinking to move to Australia next year, maybe to Queensland, preferably Brisbane, Sunshine & gold coast, Townsville or even up to Cairns...
  I am a 46 years old Business Ad degree and a master in money markets with more than 20 years in several and  relevant positions in Banks and saving banks, like Branch manager, Business analyst, with knowledge in all kinds of bank products, such a as retail operations, mortgages, all sizes enterprises business (factoring, leasing, revolving loans, international transactions, etc.), Institutional and corporate sales, etc. with succesfull profits in all my deparments.
  I am actually working in a Savings Bank in a very challenging market as the spanish one, which is now an "street market", and we want the chance of an important change in our lifes.
  She is a 29 years old fashion designer, but she is unemployed nowadays, and she is russian, lithuanian, italian and spanish speaking, and some english.
  We both love risk sports, like kite surf, skiing, scuba diving, etc...
  As I know the difficulties in order to get a partner while we are in Spain, I am thinking to study a master of finance in some Uni overthere, in order to get used to that way of life and meanwhile looking for possible jobs.
  My question is...I have been taking a look around internet and I have detected lots of banking and finance jobs offers which could fit on me...but I donŽt know how is the demand between the ausies. I have special interest on applying to them when I got there, because I think I have myself enough experience to develop them with success.

Someone could tell me the chances overthere for an spanish guy without australian residence and work permit?

Someone knows how is the situation in this sector?

And finally...i would appreciatte to find someone working in this kind of finance jobs...

Thanks in advance to all of you

Hello.

I am not sure anyone can really give you a definite answer of what your chances are of finding a job without an authorization to work there.  If you plan to obtain a student visa, I believe you may work on up to 20 hours/week. However, when you complete your studies, you must either get sponsored by a company or sponsor yourself by applying for a GSM visa.

Based on the information you had provided, have you thought about trying to sponsor yourself under the General Skilled Migration Visa of subclass175? They have extended eligibility age to be under 50 years old. In 2010, it was only up to under 45 years old.

Review the following link for more information. If you are granted this visa, you will obtain Australian permanent residency which will allow you to live and work in Australia permanently.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- … ation/175/

If you read some of the postings on this Australian forum, just because you have an Australian Permanent Resident visa will not necessarily mean you will get a job. Yes, there seems to be a lot of job postings for different types of industries. But you have to consider the number of people applying for those jobs within Australia and outside of the country. It's due to Australia promoting that they have a shortage of some skills.

If you want to know your chances of getting a job in Australia, you might want to try to get into contact with some HR reps representing the jobs that you are interested in working. My personal experience is that the treatment or response you will get is dependent on your visa status. But if you have the experience that one of their clients maybe looking for, you may have further discussions.  In my case, I have a PR but undecided when I will be moving there.

Thank you very much for your information.
   IŽve checked the visa subclass 175 requirements and concerning to the skilled occupation list, my occupation is not between the ones listed in the current SOL, but it is between the state and territory SOL.
  According to this list, which is only for GSM applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan...I can not guess what kind of State migration plan is talking about and where to find this information.
   Anyways, If I can can not get the PR through this way, I will do it through the students visa, and the time will give me the response I am looking for after finishing my studies.
   Sincerely, congratulations for your PR...I know it isnŽt easy to get it.
   I will appreciate any other information you could give me.

Thx so much.

Miguel

I think getting the PR through the visa subclass 175 is straightforward. I had to first make sure that by going the points list they had, I would be able to have the points required to pass. The next step was to have my skills evaluated by the specific organization. My background is in engineering. The evaluation by the specific organization will tell the applicant if their skill is recognized. The letter received will state if their skill is recognized and are eligible to apply for the Visa 175. After that I just applied for the visa. It was a lot of work getting all the documents since some items such as police clearance,etc. was not a process I was familiar with. Another important thing that a person must pass is the health requirements. A person could be denied to be granted a Visa depending what is discovered in the Health Requirements.. xray, doctor evaluation,etc.

The processing of the visa can take awhile. It might be dependent on the country the person is from. If there are lot of applicants from one country, then it might take longer compared to some other applicant. I think before I saw a list from the immi.gov.au website that if you are applying from a certain region, it will take this approximate time frame for the visa to get reviewed and processed...

As for the state sponsorship you are asking about. Each Australian state.. New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland,etc. I would say google ... the state you are interested in along with the key words Australia state sponsorship.

An example of what information is on there.. I've pasted the link to the Victoria website below.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/vi … ponsorship

As stated on this website, getting a state sponsorship does not mean an applicant will get a Visa. But I think it's to assist the applicant if they are unable to sponsor themselves or their specific profession is not in the current SOL.

Once you visit Australia, you can actually visit the Australian Immigration office to ask any questions in person about the different visa options. I was in Sydney and visited their office there. I believe they may have other locations in the bigger cities. Check out immi.gov.au for the locations.  The immigration office employees actually visit the website to confirm the information. So you can actually get all the information just by visiting that website. At anytime, things can change so a visit to this website will keep you informed. Other websites that you see in the internet might not be up to date.

Thank U very much for your so extended information.
Finally, I just found,  in the western australian skilled migration occupation list, mine on demand, as Financial Institution Branch manager or financial invstment advicer. Not bad at all. I did not have any expectations. 

Ill follow your recommendations very carefully.

thanks again.