Mixed marriage (british marrying a moroccan)

Hello, im going to give my experience in getting married and what i needed exactly.

I am a British citizen from Gibraltar and my husband is from zememra casablanca morocco.

The documents i needed were the following:

In Gibraltar

• Birth Certificate
  • Eligibility to get married
  • Contract of employment
  • Identity card
  • Divorce
  • Police Record from Gibraltar
  • Confirmation of residence and nationality
  • Letter of employer stating hours worked, where and annual salary

In Morocco:

• 4 Passport Photos
  • Police Record
  • Copy of passport and date arrived in morocco
  • Medical certificate and Non pregnancy certificate
  • Certificate of revert to islam

All my documents from Gibraltar needed to be apostilled. I did not need the documents from the British embassy as my country of origin gave me a certificate in which i was free to marry my husband.

All my documents need to be translated from english to arabic.

My husband needed the following documents:

• Residencial Certificate
  • Nationality certificate
  • Free to marry certificate
  • Certificate stating he is single
  • Criminal record
  • Copy of national id certified
  • 4 Passport Photos
  • Birth certificate
  • Medical certificate
  • Letter from Mother giving permission to get married
  • Letter asking judge for permission for us to get married
  • Letter stating i am currently living at his house in morocco
  • Document from hospital stating his fathers death

So it was a long process.

Tuesday 23rd April:

The first day we submitted our documents, we were told my husband were missing a few which we didn't know he needed, he had to travel to different cities to get the documents which he was missing and i was missing my certificate of islam. We went straight to the adoul to get my certificate of islam which was really quick and went and got the letters ready to get apostilled.

Wednesday 24th April:

We both travelled to sidi bennour to get his certificate of nationality and full police record. When got back to zememra all offices were on a strike and not working till friday so couldn't get the last document he needed to hand documents into the judge. We got the documents apostlled which were his mothers permission for us to get married, the letter stating i live with him and the letter asking the judge to allow us to marry. Even tho the offices were on strike we were lucky to know someone who did us a favor

Friday 26th April:

My husband travelled to el jadida to get document stating his father passed away. When he arrived at Zemamra we went and handed in all documents which we were then told to come back on Monday as the judge was not in.

Monday 29th April:

We arrived at the court house and waited, we were then called in by the judge i needed a translator to translate everything the judge asked me into English. The judge asked how we meet, if i was being pressured, if i love him, if i had sex with him and that was it. We were then told to come back the next day to get documents to go to the police stations.

Tuesday 30th April:

We went to the court house, we had to wait a few hours as the documents needed to be apostlled and the man was not in at the time. Once the documents were ready we went to two different police headquarters, we were lucky we knew people and they helped us get the document on the day in one of the offices but the other office we had to wait for the gentleman to arrive as he was offduty and did us the favour of coming in and completing this for us. They asked us how we meet, where we worked, how much i earned, the names of my parents, if we had sex, my religion and my nationality. Once this was completed we were told one of the documents were sent by email. By the time we finished the court house was closed

Wednesday 1st May:

It was a national holiday and everything was closed.

Thursday 2nd May:

We went to the court house and waited we were then told they had not received the document by email to go back to the police, we went and were told we had to wait as they were waiting for a response and it could take a day or two. Also the document needed to be apostilled by a certain judge which was not in till monday. We left very upset as its a long tiring process. We were lucky my husbands cousin worked at the court house as we had received a call stating he was taking the guy from the court to sidi bennour to get our documents apostlled as he had got the document from the police. We went with them, got them apostlled and finally had all the documents ready. We handed them in again and then we were called in to speak to the judge, he granted us the permission to get married and wishes us well. He told us its a long process but love has no time. Once we had been done we had to go to the adoul with a certificate we needed to hand into him, the court sent us to the adoul we didn't get to choose. When we got to the adoul, he had to write a document that the judge had to give the okay for us to get married but when we took document to the court house it was closed and had to wait till the next day.

Friday 3rd May:

We went to the court house and was told the judge was not in till Monday, so we had to wait till Monday.

Monday 6th May:

We went to the court house, got the document for the adoul which grants us to finally get married. The adoul asked me what my conditions were for my husband, and if i want our assets to be half and half and if my husband paid me by mahr and how much did he give me. I also needed a translator to translate everything the adoul said into english. The adoul wrote the marriage contract and we signed and we were married. We did pay 1000dh to the adoul and he left it at that price due to the fact he knew my husband. He wanted 1500dh at first but lowered it to 1000dh.

Thank you for sharing your story and alahumma barik on your wedding.

I am surprised you needed to provid a copy of your shahadha as a woman? Is this a request from the Gibraltar government as the same to confirm your husbands father passed away and confirmation from mother you can marry?

This information was not on our checklist provided by the moroccan court.

@Yasmin21

this was requested by the court here in morocco. when we submitted all documents they told us we were missing some.

all documents needed were requested here in morocco as i got married in morocco and not in gibraltar

Hello, im going to give my experience in getting married and what i needed exactly.
I am a British citizen from Gibraltar and my husband is from zememra casablanca morocco.

The documents i needed were the following:

In Gibraltar
Birth Certificate
Eligibility to get married
Contract of employment
Identity card
Divorce
Police Record from Gibraltar
Confirmation of residence and nationality
Letter of employer stating hours worked, where and annual salary

In Morocco:
4 Passport Photos
Police Record
Copy of passport and date arrived in morocco
Medical certificate and Non pregnancy certificate
Certificate of revert to islam

All my documents from Gibraltar needed to be apostilled. I did not need the documents from the British embassy as my country of origin gave me a certificate in which i was free to marry my husband.

All my documents need to be translated from english to arabic.

My husband needed the following documents:

Residencial Certificate
Nationality certificate
Free to marry certificate
Certificate stating he is single
Criminal record
Copy of national id certified
4 Passport Photos
Birth certificate
Medical certificate
Letter from Mother giving permission to get married
Letter asking judge for permission for us to get married
Letter stating i am currently living at his house in morocco
Document from hospital stating his fathers death

So it was a long process.

Tuesday 23rd April:
The first day we submitted our documents, we were told my husband were missing a few which we didn't know he needed, he had to travel to different cities to get the documents which he was missing and i was missing my certificate of islam. We went straight to the adoul to get my certificate of islam which was really quick and went and got the letters ready to get apostilled.

Wednesday 24th April:
We both travelled to sidi bennour to get his certificate of nationality and full police record. When got back to zememra all offices were on a strike and not working till friday so couldn't get the last document he needed to hand documents into the judge. We got the documents apostlled which were his mothers permission for us to get married, the letter stating i live with him and the letter asking the judge to allow us to marry. Even tho the offices were on strike we were lucky to know someone who did us a favor

Friday 26th April:
My husband travelled to el jadida to get document stating his father passed away. When he arrived at Zemamra we went and handed in all documents which we were then told to come back on Monday as the judge was not in.

Monday 29th April:
We arrived at the court house and waited, we were then called in by the judge i needed a translator to translate everything the judge asked me into English. The judge asked how we meet, if i was being pressured, if i love him, if i had sex with him and that was it. We were then told to come back the next day to get documents to go to the police stations.

Tuesday 30th April:
We went to the court house, we had to wait a few hours as the documents needed to be apostlled and the man was not in at the time. Once the documents were ready we went to two different police headquarters, we were lucky we knew people and they helped us get the document on the day in one of the offices but the other office we had to wait for the gentleman to arrive as he was offduty and did us the favour of coming in and completing this for us. They asked us how we meet, where we worked, how much i earned, the names of my parents, if we had sex, my religion and my nationality. Once this was completed we were told one of the documents were sent by email. By the time we finished the court house was closed

Wednesday 1st May:
It was a national holiday and everything was closed.

Thursday 2nd May:
We went to the court house and waited we were then told they had not received the document by email to go back to the police, we went and were told we had to wait as they were waiting for a response and it could take a day or two. Also the document needed to be apostilled by a certain judge which was not in till monday. We left very upset as its a long tiring process. We were lucky my husbands cousin worked at the court house as we had received a call stating he was taking the guy from the court to sidi bennour to get our documents apostlled as he had got the document from the police. We went with them, got them apostlled and finally had all the documents ready. We handed them in again and then we were called in to speak to the judge, he granted us the permission to get married and wishes us well. He told us its a long process but love has no time. Once we had been done we had to go to the adoul with a certificate we needed to hand into him, the court sent us to the adoul we didn't get to choose. When we got to the adoul, he had to write a document that the judge had to give the okay for us to get married but when we took document to the court house it was closed and had to wait till the next day.

Friday 3rd May:

We went to the court house and was told the judge was not in till Monday, so we had to wait till Monday.

Monday 6th May:
We went to the court house, got the document for the adoul which grants us to finally get married. The adoul asked me what my conditions were for my husband, and if i want our assets to be half and half and if my husband paid me by mahr and how much did he give me. I also needed a translator to translate everything the adoul said into english. The adoul wrote the marriage contract and we signed and we were married. We did pay 1000dh to the adoul and he left it at that price due to the fact he knew my husband. He wanted 1500dh at first but lowered it to 1000dh.

Also make 5 copies of each documents and add them in separate files as each file would be submitted to the police and other departments. we handed all 4 copies along with original documents to the court. and they gave us the documents back and told us who we had to hand them into

-@didi1998