Is Singapore still an attractive destination for Expats?

Internations, an online organisation for Expats worldwide, has just published their yearly survey of worldwide destinations for Expats:

https://cms.in-cdn.net/cdn/file/cms-med … Report.pdf

In it, Singapore ranks 37th out of 53 assessed places, lower than any other nation in Southeast Asia and a far cry from when I moved here first in 1996 - Singapore was considered among the world's top destinations then!

I welcome readers to contribute their opinions on this: Do you agree? What could have caused it? And what will be the consequences? Can (or should) anything be done to improve the situation?

Singapore is being too expensive, when the salary has not increased so much. Especially for WP holders, life quality is hard to ensure.

I am not trying to potray the negative picture. Singapore is still the best but from expat perspective below are some of the challenges

1) High Cost of living (Rent, Pvt Schooling)

2) No goverment controll on pvt school fee hike

3) Uncertianty about PR/Citizenship application outcome

4) No fixed SLA followed by the govt when it comes to processing of PR and Citizenship application

5) Very few opportunity/seats for expat kids post 12th standard. Even if is then the fees are multiple times then local kids.

6) Extremelly high cost of medical services

5) Uncertainty of Jobs (

Singapore has not only become outrageously expensive. One of the deciding factors so many foreigners/expats are leaving in droves is because of the increased

anti-foreigner sentiment here especially during and now post Covid. Many are just sick and tired of being treated like tax paying tourists with NONE of the rights and privileges one has in just about any other country as a (foreign) legal tax paying resident. The lack of transparency, accountability and integrity is incredibly off putting and just highlights what an elitist superficial society Singapore has become with zero substance and soul. We too (in spite of being pr's) will leave as soon as the right opportunity comes along.