Full Size Van Rental - SDQ

Hi all,

Reaching out to the group for experiences renting a full-size van (12 passenger) from SDQ. We have a group flying in so I will need to transport them while they are here and my local car won't fit them. I am well experienced driving in the DR so not worried about that part. Primarily have three questions…

1. Does anyone have a preference in rental company at SDQ? Trying to stay with the major companies and planning to make a reservation in advance. The only companies showing these vans are Alamo, National, and Enterprise.
  2. Experiences with the casa de conductor coverage. The websites state that the “full coverage” includes Third Party Liability (TPL) coverage which I believe covers the casa de conductor coverage. Can anyone confirm? I don't mind paying for full coverage, but don't want to be told at the desk that I need to pay more.
  3. There are two options available: “Nissan Urvan Minibus or similar” OR “Hyundai H-1 or similar” (I'm good with either transmission type and any cost difference). Just trying to determine the best option for the comfort of the group.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!