Renewal Bg. Driving license and residency card

Hi,

Does anyone know how to juggle renewal of residency card and driving license, which expire on the same day.

If I renew my residency early, then I'll be penalised after 5 years and need to pay for an additional reduced residency card to fulfill the missing weeks.

If I don't renew early, I'll be driving on  an expired license.

Thoughts and/or advice please 🤔

Renew licence..normally same day..when my wife renewed hers.

Then drive to the passport office and renew residents card..job done..won't be penalised for lateness by a few hours.

When they issued the license (my first exchange) the duration was based upon how much time I had on my residency card.

If I go when it's due, then I'll have literally days left on the residency card as this is recommended to be done 2 weeks before renewal, so will the Kat office give me 12 months license if I only have two weeks left on my residency card? 🤔

when you renew your residency card explain to immigration that your driver's license needs renewing too, they will maybe give you a document showing, or a reference number, that your residency card is in the process of renewal. KAT may delay your renewal as they use the picture that is on record and the residency people will take your photo when your new residency is approved