Company claiming we our bound to work for them as per the Visa/EP

Dear Sir/Madam,

Good day!

I'm writing in behalf of my wife regarding the working policy of foreigner in Malaysia.

Originally, my wife was hired by the company last January 2021 and they have an agreement that she will work for a duration of 12 months for the company.  So she started working January 2021, but her EP was only approved by May2021. So as per our understanding, her duration of service for this company starts from January to December(12 months), then after she is finishing this 12 months service, the company every December, they are sending my wife a notice of renewal to acknowledge that the company still require my wife service and at the same time notifying my wife if she is still willing to continue her service to the company. So as of now supposedly , they should send her new notice of renewal for January2024-December 2024 duration. But for this time, my wife is not interested anymore to work for them. But the company informed her that she is still bound to work for them since my wife visa is still valid until May. Is the company can enforce this to my wife?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Without knowing the explicit details of your wife's employment contract: no, they cannot force her to continue working there.