Vietnam Health Check - Drugs?

Hey all,

I'm anticipating to be potentially frowned upon for this post but I have a question re the health checkup.

What does this entail and does it test for drugs/THC? I hadn't even thought prior to today and I've fell into a mass panic - I've been smoking quite a bit with my friends over the Christmas/new year period. I arrive in Hanoi in the next few days and my health checkup is pretty soon after arrival.

What do they test for in Vietnam, and how certain are you that it is/isn't a drugs test? Thank you in advance.

Hey all,
I'm anticipating to be potentially frowned upon for this post but I have a question re the health checkup.
What does this entail and does it test for drugs/THC? I hadn't even thought prior to today and I've fell into a mass panic - I've been smoking quite a bit with my friends over the Christmas/new year period. I arrive in Hanoi in the next few days and my health checkup is pretty soon after arrival.
What do they test for in Vietnam, and how certain are you that it is/isn't a drugs test? Thank you in advance.
        -@grenskyda

Hello grenskyda, and welcome to expat.com.

This is a subject which comes up from time to time.

Take a look at this post from member BillyHCMC (Link).

Please keep the forum updated on how your health check goes.

Once more, welcome aboard expat.com. Hope to hear back from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks man, the general consensus that ive read is they don't test for drugs. If THC isn't out of the system within 30 days, i will be set to fail if a drugs screening is involved.

i'll make a point to inform of the outcome on this thread for future references for people.

@Aidan in HCMC
Thanks man, the general consensus that ive read is they don't test for drugs. If THC isn't out of the system within 30 days, i will be set to fail if a drugs screening is involved.

I'm betting you'll be okay.

i'll make a point to inform of the outcome on this thread for future references for people.
        -@grenskyda

Your reporting back to forum would be of great assistance to other members (and casual readers of the forum, alike) who find themselves in similar circumstances. We'd very much appreciate it.

When I got my health check done for the drivers license there was another guy there from Germany or something and he failed the test because of THC in his system. His agent was pretty disappointed but he told him to come back in a week to retest. They didnt make a big deal out of it but they did fail that part of the test.

So I can confirm that the health check, whilst pretty thorough, was passed and I'm currently looking for my long term rental!

It was all very tightly organised and extremely efficient, although again I couldn't help butthink that it felt like a ticking box exercise. I'm also not  convinced they did anything with the urine samples as mine was left unmarked in the toilets with others, but cannot confirm that for definite as they may have had another method to distinguish between them.

Funny enough a few other people who I've met here had the same fears, so hopefully this post finds somebody on a search and alleviates any anxiety. I wouldn't take the piss though before you come out and be careful regardless, it may have shown up on the blood test id I hadn't had stopped a few days prior.