Racism in the UK

There was recently an incident in the UK. Where I think a black woman tried to steal from a shop owned by a Pakistani man. And he grabbed her by the throat. It was caught on camera. I'm not sure what happened after this.

The media made it a big deal and a lot of black people protested outside the shop for a few days/weeks.

Now two months on and I was in the area where this happened (Peckham UK) And I saw a lot of anti Pakistani graffiti. Mainly near that shop.

I am of Pakistani descent on my fathers side.

So this obviously makes me feel uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do.

Is it best to avoid this area for my own safety? I've never experienced racism from another minority before. I don't know if anything will escalate, but just in case. So I'm not sure how to handle this tbh

It's idiocy at work.

The shopkeeper was probably seriously pissed off with a string of thieves so, when one more tried to steal, then assaulted him, he grabbed her and called the cops.

Then, in more glaring stupidity, the thieves and their pals tried the race card instead of admitting it was just a violent scumbag who got arrested.

The supposed 'strangle' was actually  restraining a violent criminal.

There you have the result of a failed society that fails to apportion blame to criminals, but prefers to spread blame to victims.

It isn't racism as such, it's deflection from a violent scumbag thief's' actions.

Sad, isn't it?

Take a look for yourselves

https://youtu.be/zLdGUjtQ0uw?feature=shared

This sort of pathetic crap is one of the reasons I left the UK, and much of the reason I would hate to return.

A hard working businessman has to suffer because scumbags want to steal without consequence.

Do yourself a favour - get out and move to a civilised country.

Let's face it, there's plenty of nasty racism in the UK without idiots using it to cover up for thieves.