Psychotropic medication in Saudi Arabia

I am shortly to commence work in Saudi Arabia and take Mirtazapine for sleep and depression.  I have read conflicting reports on whether it is permissible to bring it in.  Secondly, if these drugs cannot be brought in, can they be prescribed once in Saudi by a doctor, or are they not prescribed at all in KSA?  It seems inconceivable to me that no psychotropic anti depression medication is prescribed in Saudi.

I think someone is giving you wrong information.  Psychotropic medicine IS available in Saudi and IS prescribed normally.

And if you just google with the medicine name and add Saudi at the end, you will see it is even available in pharmacies for home delivery (you would need to upload a recent prescription i.e. within two months or get a doctor consultation to have him prescribe a fresh one).

Google is your friend so use that vs. listening to people who have no idea.  And putting that aside, I am in healthcare so I can give you a definitive yes to your question in any case.

@XTang thank you  - it is a very reassuring response.  The issue appears to be arriving with the medication, so I will do as you suggest and bring my doctors letter and my prescription and see a doctor as soon as I can in Saudi.

Thanks again

Paul

My alrajhi mobile app black need to help

Please 🙏 halp me

Welcome. You can bring in a months supply on doctor letter and prescription.

@rd: don't post unrelated questions here. Put it on the right thread.