Taking prescription medication (alprazolam)

Hello all,

Am I allowed to take my prescription medication (alprazolam) into Saudi Arabia?

I read that the Saudi government considers some prescription drugs illegal and the person entering the country requires prior approval from the Saudi embassy in their home country before bringing in the medication.

When I called the embassy in my country, they said they have no idea what I'm talking about, and can offer no such approval.

Does anybody have any knowledge about this? I am really worried I will arrive with my prescription medication and end up in a prison.

Thank you very much,

Alan

It is a highly regulated drug, however you can bring it with you. I have a friend who takes xanax but very low dosages.

You will have to have all documents related to your medicine and medical condition ready to be presented.

Relax, you have nothing to worry about

You have no idea how much stress you've taken off my shoulders!

Thank you so much!

flikkerflik wrote:

Thank you so much!

Flikker, trust me.. NOBODY is going to open your luggage or ask you about anything.  I've been in/out of KSA 15X carrying all kinds of meds and the guy at the x-ray machine is totally disinterested (usually struggling to keep his eyes open lol).  In fact,I've never seen ANYBODY have to open their luggage.

As was stated above, be sure you have the original bottle/script but you're not going to need it.  Really.

R-E-L-A-X ! :D

I second Alliecat, keep the prescription with you, just in case.

flikkerflik wrote:

Thank you so much!

You are welcome my friend
I wish you the best and the day when you no longer need those meds, if ya need anything else just let us know buddy
Till then
Pay it forward

I request you that plz do not got KSA if you have anxiety disorder, because Anti depressant//sleeping pill and drugs like this banned in KSA...