Tax for goods

Kalimera

Am struggling to ascertain a definitive value for items shipped from China to Cyprus. 

All I've managed to decifer is that any value of good below 17.50 Euros is not taxable.

If, for instance, my goods total say 150 Euros how much tax am I liable for?  Someone told me it's around 25% but before I proceed would be good to know an approximate figure to pay the extra tax. 

If any kind soul can update me I'd be much appreciative.

Ta very much 1f600.svg

At a guess I'd think it's the prevailing rate of vat (19%) and maybe an import tax potentially 2-6% ... so 25% seems to be about right 

Be aware that a lot of China's suppliers downvalue their goods

Thanks Toon, yes you're right - the goods to be shipped are around 350 Euros and then there's the shipping cost but have been advised that on invoice they will show 50% reduction, ie 175 Euros in order to reduce tax.

Much appreciation

@Incognito2411

Just as a warning to be prepared..I used to do beta testing for satellite receivers whilst in Malta and often got sent demo sat boxes for beta testing and most were valued between zero and €50 sent from China as they were demo boxes needing development ..some got through with no charges but many didn't and I got charged vat plus an admin export charge..

Thumbs up - can't find emoticon