Period of adaptation as a social worker

Hello,

In my attempt to register with CORU as a social worker I was given a POA. Before that, I was offered a job by Tusla and in their offer letter they maintains that they can assist  in the event that I am offered a POA. Is it possible to have a visa for the POA?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It is possible to get a visa as a social worker; it features on the Irish Government Critical Skills Occupations List 2442 Social Worker (link).  The fact that CORU has given you a POA is indicative that your training is not the same as required of Irish-trained social workers, so you need some kind of training before they will accept you on their register.  You should be aware that the clock is ticking on your POA, so time is of the essence.  My advice would be to contact Tusla straight away and discuss the next stage with them.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Helpful response. Thank you so much. However, I need to understand that, if I am yo travel to Ireland for the POA, i will be using a critical skill visa?

Thank you once again, and

Regards

Helpful response. Thank you so much. However, I need to understand that, if I am yo travel to Ireland for the POA, i will be using a critical skill visa?
Thank you once again, and

Regards

-@socialworkzim1992

Hi again.

I don't know the answer to your question; if it's important to you to know this, I suggest you ask when you apply for the visa.

Cynic

Expat Team

Thank you so much