Message to expatriate entrepreneurs in Honduras

Hello

In Honduras ( but also in Belize, El Salvador and Nicaragua ), there are thousands of entrepreneurs who

- do not have many customers ;

- refuse to market products that all tourists or expatriates who live in this region of the world are looking for but cannot find.

Example

Here are unprocessed (and therefore non-luxurious) foods that

- are available in all Western European countries, in Turkey, in the Republic of Georgia, in Mauritius, in Indonesia, in South Korea, in Japan, in Thailand, in Malaysia, in the Yucatan (Mexico), Colombia,...

- are (mostly) unavailable (at a reasonable price) in Belize, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala,...

[link moderated]

1) Whole-grain couscous, whole-grain rice, whole-grain bulgur, dried split peas, dried chickpeas, dried green lentils,...

2) Dried fruits : raisins, dried prunes, dried figs, dried apricots, dates, dried bananas, etc.

3) Edible seeds : chia, sesame, flax, pumpkin, squash, nigella, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts (walnut fruits), cashew nuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pine nuts,...

So

- to live in Central America and eat healthily, you have to pay a delivery man and send him to Mexico or Colombia to do the shopping and then pay taxes and customs duties ;

- Central American entrepreneurs should be informed that they could increase their income by offering this service to all Europeans living in their country (North Americans prefer processed products). If transport costs between Mexico or Colombia and another Central American country are shared, these costs decrease.

Let's hear it !

Hello

I was unable to edit this message to add information so I am publishing its update here.

In Honduras ( but also in Belize, El Salvador and Nicaragua ), there are thousands of entrepreneurs who

- do not have many customers ;

- refuse to market products that all tourists or expatriates who live in this region of the world are looking for but cannot find.

Example

Here are unprocessed (and therefore non-luxurious) foods that

- are available in all Western European countries, in Turkey, in the Republic of Georgia, in Mauritius, in Indonesia, in South Korea, in Japan, in Thailand, in Malaysia, in the Yucatan (Mexico), Colombia,...

- are (mostly) unavailable (at a reasonable price) in Belize, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala,...

[link under review]

1) Whole-grain couscous, whole-grain rice, whole-grain bulgur, dried split peas, dried chickpeas, dried green lentils,...

2) Dried fruits : dried raisins, dried prunes, dried figs, dried apricots, dates, dried bananas, etc.

3) Edible seeds : chia, sesame, flax, pumpkin, squash, nigella, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts (walnut fruits), cashew nuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pine nuts,...

So

- to live in Central America and eat healthily, you have to pay a delivery man and send him to Mexico or Colombia to do the shopping and then pay taxes and customs duties ;

- Central American entrepreneurs should be informed that they could increase their income by offering this service to all Europeans living in their country (North Americans prefer processed products or ultra-processed products). If transport costs between Mexico or Colombia and another Central American country are shared, these costs decrease.

Let's hear it !

@sebastienpascal Good post !! Sounds like you will be moving to Honduras and have some great options for income

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

My income is modest. I'm a simple guy too. I just want to find, buy and eat unprocessed food.

Since I posted this message, I've realized this :

1) It is forbidden to import food into any country in the world.

2) It is possible to find all these foods in the markets (and not in the supermarkets) of Guatemala (according to a North American expatriate who has lived in Guatemala for several years) and, probably (I'll have to test this hypothesis), in those of Honduras.

Best regards

Seb

@sebastienpascal i am a north amerIcan and i eat all those products . i do not eat processed foods. please do not lump us all to gether. I also have no problem finding nuts on Roatan and also quinoa .  Depends on what has come in on the ships . it would be nice to have a wider selection but i realize Roatan is an island

Good news. Thank you.