Visa C directive 2004/38/EC

Hi All:

Today I picked up my Visa. I applied visa directive 2004/38/EC. this visa for EU member states non-Belgian family who want to joint their spouse. It took 3 days for me to have the visa approved. before I start with the process, i check with the embassy and what situation i had, and then they advise me what document and type of Visa i need to apply.

My husband is Dutch, and he moves and lives in Belgium since early June 2023. and his resident card still on processing. I was told by the Belgium embassy in Jakarta/ Indonesia, that the visa for me is Visa directive 2004/38/EC and this is visa C., and they gave me the list of documents i need to prepare. One of the document mention EU Free movement proofs; Belgian ID, attestation from Municipal. My husband still does not have the Belgian ID card yet, so he requested the Municipal for attest proof of living, as the police already came to check my husband resident, The municipal had the meeting to discuss his situation and it is approved, then we received " Attest Van Hoofdlverblijfplaats" letter from the municipal.

I fill in the visa application on the Belgium website and made the visa application and make the appointment to submit the documents. on 8/8 i gave the documents and on 14/8 i received the email that the status " Decision had made" and the embassy email me to arrange the appointment to pick up the documents.

Today I went to the embassy, and I get the Passport with Visa sticker on it, 90 days visa, and they told me to check with the municipal later for further step to get resident card when i am in Belgium.