American College Football

Hello guys,

College football had been my passion growing up.  But, in the past 2+ years that I had been in Vietnam, I found it disappointing, despite all the satelite services available around here.

The 2011 season is upon us.  Do any of you guys know of any other viewing method here, aside from Stars and that silly version of ESPN? 

I really can't wait for this season to start, after that tumultuous off-season.  Please help.

Kindly,
Howie

You can watch all that at the Tavern in Phu my hung District 7. If can't go there. Contact the manager. He is American and has access to all stations for all sport. Or the knowledge on how you can watch them here.

Howie
Pretty sure you can watch a lot of college games streaming on line from espn streaming subscription. If not, you may have to try getting some Thai satellite subscription which carries a lot of sports.

Sorry, cannot help you more. Don't care much about TV, much less American college football despite my alma mater did well last season (Jim Harbaugh left so we'll see how they'll play this year).

One more option.
You can get someone in the States to set up a slingbox for you then you can stream it over the internet and watch the programs on, say, an iPad.

Last option that pops up on my mind:

several betting sites (e.g., bet365) stream tons of sport games for their customers for free.

Wild, I am in the same predicament, although my heart belongs to the NFL. I have been frantically looking for ways to stream or watch the games online. This is my first fall not in the states and I have to watch the Giants!!

Also with the time difference, I don't even know what bars would be open? A 1 pm game and 4 pm game on Sunday in the states would mean a 1 am game and 4 am game Monday morning meaning the bar would be open 24 hours a day? Are there bars that open 24 hours a day that cater to NFL nuts like me?

I live in D1 if that helps

Hi Anatta,

Jim Harbaugh, huh?  That going for 2 guy, hey?  Just kidding, bro!  I am a SC fan, not a freak; I watch the game for what it is, a game.

Anyhow, you guys still have Luck.  That new PAC-12 North battle between you and Oregon is going to be interesting to follow.

There is no fall in south Vietnam, no Gameday, no cool weather...  There is a little college football on Stars Sports and Espn.  But, too often, it is or was never the game of the week.  Very dissappointing!  Only one game and they can't even get the right one on...

Hello JVo,

Living in Dist. 1, in HCMC, you should have much better access to the game than me.  When I was there, I often went to the coffee shops to catch the Lakers' games.

Another thing, check with the satelite providers there.  HCMC has far better services, lots more channels, than Can Tho and elsewhere. 

I am not much of an NFL guy.  But, I remember ESPN had all the Monday Night games.  You just need to check the schedule and set your alarm clock for the game.  Heeeee!  That time difference, couples with the lifestlyle here, is really a killer dude.

But, New York is a big market.  You should be OK.  I feel really sorry for guys from one of the smaller market cities; they are not going to have much to follow here.

Howie
As long as the team wins the Axe from the Big Game day (against the Bears), most people will already consider the season a big success, notwithstanding whatever happens to the rest of the season :D

Anatta,

You guys should do well this year though.  If I remember correctly, the polls have you in the top 10s, don't they?

Oh yeah, what do you think about the latest allegations coming out of Coral Gables?  Pretty scandalous, huh? A big old black eye for college football, if you ask me.

As mentioned, I don't follow a lot, so had no idea what you were talking about concerning the Hurricanes, so I needed to run a quick google check to be more up-to-date!!

Well, college football is a big business with e.g., top coach earning more than the dean and professors (they can even earn much more as an NFL coach) so it would not be surprising that people turn blind eyes to whatever sleazy things going on.

Alright gang,

I have just broken out my desktop.  Now, I would really like to make it show me all the USC games this coming season.  But, how?  Where do I begin?  Is it possible, at all?  What is "stream" there?

Anatta, don't you start that "surfer" thing again.  Otherwise, I am going to have to break out that "tree" thing on you. :/

I know it is a little early.  But, I that is how determined I am on this.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Howie

Wild_1 wrote:

What is "stream" there?

Howie

Howie, I really envy you. Living in the Delta makes it extremely easy for you to stream. Just take your brand new PC and dip it in any of the water sources: brooks, creeks, rivers... They are, as you see, everywhere. Just make sure the water is moving, the faster the better i.e., not ponds, lakes, pools..

Otherwise, read this

http://www.usctrojans.com/allaccess/

Let me know if you still have problems. :)

Anatta, "Funnyman1",

Thanks for the link.  It is one of the better gifts that I had recieved since coming here.  :thanks:

I have been reading all kind of message boards and fan sites, but never saw that.  Perhaps, it was too "official" for me.

For your good deed, I am going to pretend that I did not see that part about my new PC and the fast moving water.  I will also not talk smack about how my Trojans are going to beat your Cardinals in this upcoming season.  OK?

Howie

Wild_1 wrote:

Anatta, "Funnyman1",

For your good deed, I am going to pretend that I did not see that part about my new PC and the fast moving water. 

Howie

Trust me man, that is actually the best part of my advice.

Wild_1 wrote:

I will also not talk smack about how my Trojans are going to beat your Cardinals in this upcoming season.  OK?

Howie

Sorry, did not read clearly what you wrote? Trojans beating Cardinals? now, it is you who are the funny man. Did I see Cardinals beating Trojans 56-48 in triple overtime last year :cheers:, or was I dreaming? ;)

56-48

:mad:

This year you guys are already out of Luck, Funnyman...  We are going to beat you; and we are going to beat you good. :dumbom:

Wild_1 wrote:

This year you guys are already out of Luck

Haha, out of Luck, but not out of luck, let alone talents. Keep fighting, Don Quixote. :lol:

Nooooo!!!  That "funnyman" didn't just call me the conquerer of windmills, did he???  :blink:

Listen here Anatta, Andrew Luck had taken all of your fortunes into the NFL already.  This is going to be our year.  We are going to beat you and the rest of the Pac, along with all of those OOS schools, and walk away as National Chumps :top:, sanctions and all.  :proud

Howie

I hope that Kiffin and companies will hang 70 on you.  :dumbom:

Are we still talking about this bunch of losers ;)http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor … -suspended