Ikamet extention Alanya

Quite some worries on Ikamet, having said that Erdogan seems to be much interested in EU. We are Dutch, we live permanently here (Alanya/Mahmutlar). Lets see what happens, but even for owners of properties sometimes Ikamet seems to be declined (many people renting have small chance as it seems). Personally I think things change shortly though.

We have to worry in 4 months time so lets see on the situation than, still the approach right now seems to be strong (ie refusing Ikamet)

What are your experiences?

@cdw057 Perhaps I am just naive, but why is nobody interested in Ikamet, should be a real worry I would think

Perhaps as they don't understand that Ikamet means RESIDENCY?

Appreciate your original post was less than 48hrs ago!

Relax!

MM

@marktmorgan indeed Residency permit, but I would imagine many of the readers should be an expat in Turkey already?

I am part of some other forums (or YouTube channels) and many, many leave Turkey because they do not have enough funds, but more importantly not own property, now even those with a property without a TAPU value (official (which can be much lower)) than normal price van be rejected.

It scares me a bit and so many people have left (good thing for newcomers price should be much lower)

My foxes woke me up, so a quick post, with some questions:

So if I get.your post right:

1) Those renting are unlikely to get residency at the present time?

2) Even those with  purchased property may not get residency as the TAPU value is too low?

What is considered to be sufficinet funds, does anyone have experience of this?

Have a lovely Sunday 😁

Not too many worries for me and my wife, still for Residency permit it would good to have a confirmation (you real estate agent will say all is fine, but I would say, please give it to me). Would be strange you buy/rent and you can not live. Just make sure things are fine (especially for Ikamet (ideally for 2 years)/

I would say just give a financial incentive to your agent (get this or that with Ikamet, but for 2 years you get a big, big bonus)

@cdw057 If moving (permanently) residency permit is essential, who cares about expenses, main message is get it to me, if success (for 2 years (max)) you get this or that bonus for 6 months you are not getting anything (believe me they will help you)

@marktmorgan I think the rules have changed a bit but nobody knows what they are. They are not published anywhere and what we hear is just the result of people renewing and getting rejected without knowing the reason.

I do know rejections are more common recently especially in the build up to the elections so it's very political in that sense but nothing can be confirmed as to why people get rejected.

I personally have a renewal coming up end of September so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

I do have a property but it's registered value is around 25% of the real value (common practice in Turkey) so I wonder if this will play a part.

I'm dealing with an agency who can hopefully help with renewal as they expedience different cases and would have encountered different scenarios and stand a better chance of getting the application right but even they tell me there's not a lot of certainty atm however I do stand a good chance due to nationality and home ownership.

I will let you know how it turns out if I remember to come back here 1f603.svg

@Muji86

This might be a useful resource for gaining insight on the topic of residence permits aka ikamet:

https://en.goc.gov.tr

Hello everyone,

Please note that this topic is drifting off-topic.

It all became confusing when another member addressed his own question on this thread.

In any case, contact details should not be posted on the forum but exchanged in private by clicking on the member's photo > send a message.

Thank you in advance

Bhavna

@marktmorgan Just a feeling, no guarantee whatsoever USD 100 K should be sufficient, nobody  knows how things are going, but personally I am relatively optimisitic (Erdogan seems to be friendly with UAE, EU and ...|) He is clever.

I expect some big changes shortly.

@Muji86 Reall a shame you came into the conversation (too selling,I probably have to start another thread), I suspect the moderator has blocked you, but admittedly you can create a new one.

Bottom line be please be honest with your new handle.

Good for business, but do not confuse honest new people.

I've been in Alanya for about 5 months now, my Ikamet process took 5 months all in all, they didn't even look at it until the 4th month. I received the card on the 25th of July and it expires on the 1st September 2023! So, I have submitted my renewal application, they automatically gave me a next day appointment so that was all pretty straightforward.

They are looking for US$700 per month in your account for the duration of your Ikamet.

Congratulations, do you rent or are you an owner? We are looking for an extention for 2 years not for 6 months. (the hassle every 6 months and rules constantly changing is making me nerveous).

@cdw057 I live in a flat I purchased in January and I'm hoping they give me the full 2 years Ikamet this time around.

@cdw057 One important factor which the agents seem to be overlooking is that your health insurance has to be valid till the past the date your Ikamet expires. I've ended up with 3 years insurance in order to meet this criteria. As it happens, purchasing in advance has saved me some money as the cost of insurance has since increased quite dramatically.