Homemade langoniza?

Has anyone tried making their own langoniza? I love it but would prefer to make it myself because I want to know what's in there. Every store-bought brand I've tried has so many ingredients added to preserve, etc., and I really want to stick to pork and spices. I like making different types of sausages. Langoniza is one that's hard to find a recipe for, other than from the Dominicancooking.com site. I'm going to try that one, and feed it through casings, but just wondering if anyone else has tried it themselves.

I cannot help, hopefully someone else can!

Has anyone tried making their own langoniza?
-@colmcb

HHave you recently eaten a longaniza that you love? If not, I'd start searching the stores in your area until you find one! Find it and you have your target!

That target will help you pick an online recipe to test. And something that you can have on hand to use to run a comparison test when you cook up a batch made using a new recipe.

And now I'm Jonesing for a plate of longaniza and fried eggs!

@crabelramble - We eat a lot of longaniza but the best ones we've eaten were made fresh. No additives, no preservatives - just pork, oregano, etc. I have to figure out the proportions of it. We used to get them in the Bronx, made by a couple of older Dominican women in their apartments, and they were just delicious but now we live in South Florida and can't seem to find them other than packaged, in the stores.  There are a few brands we like, but don't love if that makes sense. In the DR we've bought some in Nacional in SDQ and in PUJ but again, they've been good - just not the same. I think it's the fresh Dominican oregano that really stands out when they're homemade. I'm determined to figure out how to make it though! Will let everyone know once I do, in case anyone else wants to try. 

It's funny that you say to run a comparison test. I did that with one of my favorite dips from the Mexican chain "Chuys". Oh my gosh, I had their jalapeno ranch dip coming out of my ears while I was trying to figure out their secret recipe. It is so good. I just kept buying little containers of it at the restaurant, making a batch, taste testing with everyone and anyone who wanted to, starting over again, etc., until I figured it out. I think it took 15-20 batches before I got it right. Now we make it all the time so it was worth it, although it wasn't great for my waistline! :-)