Restaurants???? Cities and larger Towns or Villages

Do any participants know of "must try" favorite restaurants or piano bars that they like to frequent and be kind enough to share the name and a small review?  We have been going to the "Top Rated" on the web site and it seems to always be Happy, or Captain Cook etc.  If you know os a great local restaurant that we could try in virtually any city or larger village I would appreciate it.  We do quite a bit of car travel to explore in Bulgaria during the warmer months and would appreciate knowing of some out of the way superior restaurants.

While not a restaurant I will submit "Andys Pub" in Sveti Vlas, a new local spot for expats with live music and friendly people.  Located near the turn off to the Marina, and Siena a family type restaurant open all year around in Vlas. It is owned by a former Mayor and major developer of quality real estate. Great food, good prices, good atmosphere.

Thanks

Neptun on the seafront at Burgas, delicious food & great setting!

https://www.neptunburgas.com/bg

I'm finding that Google Maps now has pretty good review data for most locations, especially popular ones. So I just search for "restaurants near me" (or "cafes near me") and see what comes up at 4.5 ish, that's about as good as it gets (unless they have a very small number of reviews). Plenty of restaurants show up now, not just the Happys. Not that I've got anything against Happy. :-)

I used to use other sites (e.g. TripAdvisor) but the last couple of years, I've been using Google Maps quite happily. I've found that 4.5s are very good, and we've had some excellent meals.

This is an another indicator of how cheap Bulgaria is / how well you can live. If I did the same thing in the UK, and went to the best-rated restaurants, it would likely cost a small fortune. In fact, my UK eating was limited to chains (PizzaExpress, Nando's, Zizzi, Cafe Rouge, Strada, Wagamama, etc.), and even the chains are not cheap these days! Anything fancy was way more expensive. Here, if we want a Sunday afternoon drive and a nice lunch, we can go to one of the best restaurants in the area, and the price is normally extremely reasonable (and the quality very high).