Looking to move, Looking for friends.

Hi.
  This is my first blog. My wife & I own a house near Veliko Tarnovo, and we are looking to move there within the next two years. We would love to meet expats in that area. Any advice on the moving process would be really appreciated.
  We shall be coming over next year for a working holiday, could meet any willing expats then, but get chatting before then !!!
  Have you integrated into village life ??  Is it difficult especially the language barrier ? Any pit falls that we should be aware of ?  We haven,t been over for for 4 years now.

Cheers  Steve.

Hello Steve,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Wish you all the best.

Rouma

Hi Rouma

Thanks for the reply :cool:

Cheers

Steve & Angi

hello steve.
just got to the uk for winter. i have a old school close to varna,well about 35 mins drive.i have spent about 12 weeks this year doneing building work, new roof and windows, old plaster of the walls.great place. so much looking forwards to a new and slow life next year.im trying to sell my house in lincolnshire so i can make the best move ever. take care  and have a nice xmas

Hi Mark
Nice to hear you're doin your own place up near Varna, We have to fly to Sofia then have a two hour drive. From what we can make out Veliko Tarnovo is the same distance from the airports at Sofia & Varna. Is it a good airport at Varna, never been there. Hope all goes well with the sale of your house. We are really lookin forward to living in Bulgaria.
Steve

Varna airport is great..We live about 49mins from VT for the past few years. I would start learning the language now..Its not easy but good fun. Can give you a contact for a good language teacher in Veliko Turnovo. She also does in house courses where she comes to your village ...

Thanks for the tip on the language..... We are doing the basics on line. But if you can give us a contact from VT when we get over there it would help greatly.

Go and see Cliff at Trinity Rocks campsite / hostel. He is a very friendly and helpful chap and has useful contacts. I have a property in the village of Nikiup but it is only a building plot so I won't be moving there any time soon.

Hi Fidobsa
When we go over later this year we will try and get to see Cliff,if we cab find him.....lol.

THANKS

Steve

http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/edit/1995291/?first

Hi Giorgo50
Thanks
Steve

Hi there, we're in the VT area and have been here 4 years.

We're integrated in the community, speak enough Bulgarian to have a laugh with friends, sort most things out and love living in rural Bulgaria.

Hi SuzyJ

We are moving to the VT area next year and look forward to meeting expats and locals.

Hi There
There are lots of brits, and expats around vt, and there are also lots of us around Popovo, which is only about 45 mins away from vt.
In the summer months, we get together and arrange for all the brits to meet in the town of Popovo. we call our group Brits in Popovo, but there are Americans, irish, and South Africans too, to name a few.
We have a coffee or cold drink, and maybe an ice-cream, and share our experiences. It is nice for those of us, that dont have other brits in our village. As we get the chance to speak English and to share conversations, that we can not have with Bulgarians, due to the language barrier. You are more than welcome to come along, when you get to Bulgaria, as is anybody else. We would be happy to see new faces, and hear new stories, and experiences.

Gemma

Hi Gemma
We would love to meet up with everyone this summer. Our house is in Gorski Dolen Trambesh not far from Gorna. We hope to move permenantly in about 18 months time, but will be coming over this summer. We will be in touch when we have a deffinate date.
Hope to see you then..

Steve.

Hi Steve
We look forward to meeting you and your wife, in summer.

Take care, and if you have any questions then please get in touch, i will be happy to help you, with any worries you have.

Gemma

Hi Gemma
Thanks very much, and we will be in touch

Steve