Brazil visa free entry

"Tourists from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden can stay in Brazil 90 days in any 180 days period."

I arrived in Brazil on 4th of October 2022. I stayed two months until early December. Then in January I came back. I had one month left, until 13th February. I overstayed 20 days. My fine was only 200 R$. The border agents said I could come back on April 3th.

Not sure if that's accurate? Does it mean they start counting the 180 days from 4th of October 2022?

hello sir i am from afghanistan how we can applay for brasil visa & whichneumon catgory available for afghan citizen whotout humanration

pleas inform me whasapp:***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

03/11/23 @Grongie.  The immigration system would be counting 180 days backwards from your next arrival date, counting how many days your were in Brazil during that period, and subtracting that number from 90 to determine how many days you have available.  Based on that, I would guess that the earliest you could return would be June, when your October and November 2022 days drop off your history and become available again.

A fine that low suggests that you only overstayed two days, not twenty.  You may have miscounted your days, or the agents may have misread their system, or they may have cut you a break.  Whichever it is, it sounds like you'd be safe coming back in June, and you may be able to come back in April, based on what the officers said to you in February.  If the officer at Passport Control doesn't want to admit you, show him/her the receipt for your fine, and tell what you were told when you left.

Please let us know how it goes.

03/11/23 @nabihassanyar.  If you are outside Afghanistan and want to come to Brazil as a refugee, your best way to do that would be to contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees office nearest to you, and tell them that you want to seek asylum in Brazil.  The next best way would be to approach a Brazilian Embassy or Consulate with the same request.  Please understand that if you accepted as a refugee in Brazil, you're not going to be able to move on to another country from here.  You're going to have to make a life for yourself in Brazil, and should be aware of that before applying.

Please do not put your contact information in forum posts.  Contact information should be provided in direct messages only.  General questions about Brazil are always welcome in the forum, though.

It was 20 days. But they made a mistake with the entry stamp so I used that as an excuse why I overstayed and they cut me a break.

So if I understand it correctly, if I go back on April 4th I will have 1 day left.

If I go back on April 11th I will have 7 days.

Would 7 be enough to be allowed in, if I show them a ticket back home? Only 1 day seems a bit of a stretch to be allowed in. :p

03/12/23. @Grongie. Days drop off your record in one month chunks.  You won't get your October days back until May 1, your November days back June 1.

Oh :(

Then why did they tell me I could come back after April 3th. They were mistaken? They checked it on the computer.

03/12/23 Oh sad.png
Then why did they tell me I could come back after April 3th. They were mistaken? They checked it on the computer.
-@Grongie

No way of knowing.   You could always try, and tell them that the officer said you could come back April 3.  You might get lucky again.

03/12/23. @Grongie. Days drop off your record in one month chunks. You won't get your October days back until May 1, your November days back June 1.
-@abthree

Is this something that changed in recent years? Because I found old threads where it was explained that it drops off day by day.

I'm probably gonna risk going in early April. I also emailed [email protected] (Ministério das Relações Exteriores) and they said I could come back in April.

So much conflicting information. :p

03/20/23 @Grongie.  Everything changed in November 2017, when the current Lei da Migração took effect and completely replaced the old Lei dos Estrangeiros that had been in effect for 40 years or more, and the Polícia Federal systems were updated to apply the new law.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

@Grongie your entry day and exit day each count as a day.

I was allowed entry with 9 days left, didn't show any return ticket.

I'm probably gonna risk going in early April. I also emailed [email protected] (Ministério das Relações Exteriores) and they said I could come back in April.
So much conflicting information. :p
-@Grongie

I recommend that you print the email and have it on you when you come to Brazil. Maybe it will help if they don't want to let you in.

@abthree hello

i want get brasil invitation & post agine & agine but i dont get positive answer if anyone want help me i can pay for that but after positive result when i get brasil visa i can pay same payment pleas contact me in whatsapp: ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

03/31/23  @nabihassanyar.  Please do not offer money to anyone to obtain a visa to any country.  Anyone taking money from you is probably committing a crime, and probably involving you in a crime as well. 

Again, please do not include contact information in your forum posts for your own security.

With respect to obtaining entry to Brazil, please see my Post #4 above.

@Grongie I arrived on the 7th of October, but before the first 90 days I got an extension until April 4th. I am not the expert on this but it's possible you did not get an extension and just stayed 180 days. We came at almost the same time, so I don't think you should have been fined. Others will know.

Roddie in Retirement. 1f575.svg

@abthree hello

i have respict for you but dont anyone  help me i think if i pay same body help me pleas if you can help me i send you my passport & other decument which is required