Family residence card

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I have a question about a family residence card.

I've been living here in Belgium since 2017 with my family and working as an IT Professional.

Last month I got my L card. My family, wife and children have A card and I want to apply for B card for them.

My wife has been working since last year and paying social security as well.

Anyone know which Belgian residence card will be allowed for family members as I already have L card?

Gemeente staff is trying to get some information but still so far no luck.

Best regards,

SK

@SK_A Hello,

Did your wife also completed 5 years of stay, if so then she can also apply for L card by giving proof of social security contribution shown in salary slips.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com @ SK_A

You should also have a look at the Living in Belgium guide for expats > Visas for Belgium there is a dedicated article for Visas for Belgium that you should read carefully. 1f609.svg

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi Rudra,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes she already completed 5 years stay in Belgium but on job she has only one year. I'm not sure if she already paid social security during last one year and she can get L card.

Br,

SK

One year of employment is enough for applying the L Card, you can check in the pay slip to see if the social security contributions were made or not.

Hello,
I am new on this forum and I have a question about a family residence card.
I've been living here in Belgium since 2017 with my family and working as an IT Professional.
Last month I got my L card. My family, wife and children have A card and I want to apply for B card for them.
My wife has been working since last year and paying social security as well.
Anyone know which Belgian residence card will be allowed for family members as I already have L card?

Gemeente staff is trying to get some information but still so far no luck.

Best regards,
SK
-@SK_A

hi, there is no source in the internet for a so-called non-eu family members' cards definition and as if you are not Belgian or EU citizen. So, your family member just apply for which card they meet the criterias. Just like you if you applied for L card then your wife can apply for L card on her basis

@Rudra1985

Yes it is there. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

@SK_A Did you get the final outcome here? What is the card type issued to your family members? I will be in a similar situation in few months with my wife working for 2+ years with social security contribution. I'd appreciate if you can clarify.