A little assistance required :)

Hello all,

firstly I have gone in the new members forum to introduce myself although, quite vague, I shall go on in detail here a bit more, and my reason for this post.

So I did live in Brunei, Jerudong to be exact, on and off between 2012-2019.

Obviously getting a visa or work there isn't easy. I'm from Australia, I am Muslim, but and I should make these points clear, I do not have a degree of any sort. I have 15 years experience in the security industry amongst other jobs in my life.

what I'm looking for, before I consult my friends who are there, is any job opportunities, or anyone who can point me in the right direction.

It is really hard for me to ask for help, and I do feel easier to do so here than to ask my friends in Brunei.

i know without a degree it is quite difficult to get any work in Brunei, and yes, I was in a relationship during my time there. It has since ended on a very positive note. So my reasons for coming back you might ask?

to be extremely detailed, I have a loved one buried in Brunei. I don't particularly have any other family and apart from loving the country, of course the food, knowing all the kampongs like the back of my hand and the BEST places for Roti John, Brunei is the place I feel home. The only connection to myself is there.

this is tough for me, but I am here asking for any help. I'm not looking for anything fancy. I don't need a lot to get going and once there, I will have my own accomodation and car sorted.

I am well aware of Brunei life and how slow things go. As I said, I spent the better part of 7 years there and more than know my way round, how to treat and respect people.

during my time there, me and my ex partner ran our own cat shelter from home also. I've experienced all Brunei has to offer really 😂

I don't feel entirely comfortable sharing so much on an open message board, but if anyone wishes to know more or would like to offer any assistance, please feel free to message me.

please understand this was very difficult for me to reach out like this, but I know what where I want to be in life, and nowhere feels like home quite like Brunei.

I appreciate any help or guidance given.

thank you for reading,

Jake

@Jake A. M

Well, it makes me happy that you have to say good stuff about Brunei. It had been my plan to live the rest of my life with my family in Brunei. I love the natural eco system of Brunei. It appeals to my kind of life.  May be we should exchange numbers and talk about Brunei in a more private sense. Thanks!

Hello,

please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not already living in Brunei, operating a business I will have to respectfully say no thanks.

I feel a bit stupid putting myself out there already to no replies and will be trying to take the post down and leaving the forum soon as I can see there isn't really any people willing to offer advice or communication.

thanks anyway.

So you are asking for work visa sponsorship, probably somewhere you can hekp with cats?

Hardcore age limit is 60 in Brunei for expats & even for wp sponsoring, how does soneone know you are legit ?