L card processing - leaving job while L card is processing

Dear,

I have applied for my L card on September 15 and its in process. I got an another Job offer which I am planning to start in March (hoping that I will receive my L card by then and that I dont need single permit). So my question is can i already give my notice period while my L card in process. will this affect the L card decision?

I was informed in the city hall that it will take 5 months and if they dont receive any decision from the immigration office then my commune will give L card after the 5month period. Is this really the case. That means will the commune give my L card on February 16 (if no decision from the immigration office)

Any suggestions/inputs are welcome.

Thank you

You can give your notice period. That should not affect your L card decision because I am presuming that your notice period will be till March unit you start working again with another company.

After completing the notice period, the werk authorization agency will not get notified by your previous employer immediately so there is always a buffer zone in between, enough to make a switch to another job and do all administrative procedures.

For the L card, yes indeed, if No decision is made, city hall will issue you L card.

For your L card, keep us informed/updated if the decision came earlier than 16 Feb or due to No decision, you were issued L card from city hall. Also, mention the city hall where you have applied it. This info will be useful for future applicants.

It was required by the time the application was made and if you still prove you match all criteria at anytime "if" it asks then/otherwise I don't see an issue.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your response.

As a follow up of this question I have an another question.

I told my employer that I want to leave and would like to give my resignation in 2 weeks (3rd week of February). My employer says that I am not entitled to bonus since I am leaving before April (where we have performance appraisal) and May (when the bonus is paid).

I asked my employer that the bonus is for the last year but he still says that it works like this : i.e if the employee leaves the company before the April/May then no bonus.

Can anyone please clarify if that's the case. or point me to some websites where i can know more on this.

Many thanks for your tips.'

P.S : I am working in this company for 2 years since Nov 2020

@Manusha47 are you talking about the 13th month salary?

@arjunprasad2143  No I am not talking about the 13 month salary which is pro rated when you leave the company.

I'm talking about the performance bonus and employee merit which we get based on performance of each year. In our company we get our performance bonus of previous year in April/May. For eg i got 6% of my gross salary as a one time bonus in April 2022 based on my performance in 2021.

@Manusha47 Well then, it will be according to company rules and regulations. They can also decide to give you 0%. If you can quantify your work and show that it has given x% of growth for your company, then you might have a chance.. otherwise its always the purview of the company.

Hi @Manusha47 , may I ask you for an update on your situation concerning the job change while awaiting the L-card? Do you plan to wait for the L-card or do you want to apply for a single permit in the meantime? Thank you!

@Manusha47 bonus isn't a legal obligation. They're entitled to give you 0 if it's performance based.

The 13th month and holiday pay are not bonuses. They're part of your annual gross pay.

Any idea which card type is issued to the family members of L card holders?