The cost of Living in Singapore in 2023

Hello everyone,

As every year, we invite you to share your experience on the evolution of the cost of living in the region or city where you live in order to answer future requests for information from new members of the site who would like to move there soon in Singapore.

In terms of accommodation, how much does it cost to rent/buy a flat or house in in Singapore?
How much do you pay on average for public transport (bus, metro, train, tram, taxi)?
What is the average price of your monthly food basket?

How much does health insurance cost? How much does it cost to see a doctor in Singapore?

What about school fees for your children?

What is the average monthly cost of electricity, gas, water, internet, telephone?

What is the average cost of your leisure activities?

If there are other expenses that you think are useful, please share them!

Thank you in advance for your future contribution

Mickael
Expat.com Team

House Rent: 3400 (Condo 2BHK in Punggol Area)

PUB Bill Avg: 200-250$ / month

Public Transport Avg: 200 / month (2 persons for work and we avoid the private taxis as much as possible)

Insurance: Covered by employer.

School fee: 1700/Month + 600 Transport Charges (2 kids - Primary 1 and N2)

Internet and phone bill: 70$ / month

Monthly food basket for a family for 5: 1500 - 1700$ SGD. (includes groceries, fresh buys and home supplies)

Avg cost for leisure: 100 -150$ / month

Helper Salary + Levy - 700+300 / Month (not included other expenses)

Not including any other additional expense / insurance we bought outside of employer's insurance.

Hello Arje21,

Thank you for all this information.

Have you noticed any change as compared to 2022?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

yes,

The house rent is 60% more than what we were paying in 2022 and 90% more of what we were paying in 2021.

Groceries - overall increased. Eg( price of meiji milk shoot up from 5.7 to 6.10 in 1-2 years time and this is just an example).

GST increase from 2023.

I am a Ghanaian national living in the Philippines looking for a job to do in Singapore.  I am ready to relocate as soon as I get one.

I can work as a security person,a construction or factory worker.

Please any help?

Hello REV.AGYEI FREDUA AGYEMAN,

Welcome to expat.com!

Like you may have noticed this thread is about "The cost of Living in Singapore in 2023"

Nonetheless, if you are looking for a job, it is advised to drop your CV in the Jobs in Singapore section.

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@REV.AGYEI FREDUA AGYEMAN Low-skilled jobs like security guards, construction worker or production operator are filled only from pre-defined WP source countries - all of them in Asia (and Ghana not among them). If you have a degree or technical certificate (and experience working in a related job), you can apply for S-Pass or EP jobs, but be prepared to face stiff competition - you need to convince the employer that you are better for the job than all the other applicants.

There is lots of advice on this forum about how to search and apply for jobs in Singapore, which I encourage you to read and follow!

Hello I am a Cameroonian  by Name Tita Sonita Nuck .I wish to relocate  and live in Singapore. But I don't know how to go about it. Can someone help me

Hello Soni01,

Kindly re-read the message of beppi who has already explained everything.

Low-skilled jobs like security guards, construction worker or production operator are filled only from pre-defined WP source countries - all of them in Asia (and Ghana not among them). If you have a degree or technical certificate (and experience working in a related job), you can apply for S-Pass or EP jobs, but be prepared to face stiff competition - you need to convince the employer that you are better for the job than all the other applicants.

On another note, future posts regarding job seekers will be directly removed from this thread.

Job seekers are requested to first read the Living in Singapore guide for expats

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@beppi this response is even full of knowledge an I'm grateful.

@Yoginee grateful..

Will do just that. Sorry for my inconvenience

Hi,

Just want to share as the topic of this thread.

I am a single and rent a room. So, I don't know about children or couple monthly cost.

Food : 600sgd (20sgd/day, it is more than enough if you eat at hawker)

Rent : 500sgd, since I shared with a friend (common room around 700-900, master 1100-1400)

Utilities : 100sgd (some rent included this)

Telco : 15sgd

Groceries : 300sgd (incl toiletries, supermarket, etc)

Leisure: cinema (90 sgd), cafe chillin (100sgd)

Gym : 60 sgd

Haircut : 10sgd

Clothes : 50sgd

Hope it helps

Closed