Relocating to singapore with 200k offer and need details.

I'm an IT Sales professional with 10+ yrs experience and currently reside in Bangalore & work for a product company with a 40L package . I've got an offer of 200k (excludes stock options) for a similar profile in Singapore and would like to know the following.
    1. Is the 200k package reasonable for someone who is earning 40l in India ?
    2. Various forums give different opinions on lifestyle expenses, I'm going to be married and I've a moderate lifestyle in bangalore and not too party going, hangout with friends once in a while etc and don't have any liabilities as I live with parents. I save around 2 laks INR (4500SGD), would like to understand breakup on lifestyle expenses and the saving potential.
    3. Would like to know Housing expenses in close proximity of city center and comparison b/w HBD
    4. My fiancé will be moving with me and would like to know how she can explore career options as she will be coming on Dependent VISA ?
She has done her M.Tech and would like to explore options in IT domain, what could be the career options and also starting salary ?

First, congrats for receiving a good package in terms of salary benefits from a Singapore based company. 200k per annum would be considered a good to very good offer. As you don't have children and you are not a party goers so the overall expenses would be at lower side. You can save more than $5k per month even though if you choose to stay in a condo (avg condo monthly rent would be around $2.8 to $5k - not selecting those highly expensive condos in Orchard areas or near to CBD areas). The transportation facilities are at best in compare to other world class cities and should not be an issue if you stay within 15kms distance from CBD (assume your office in CBD area). The difference between HDB and condo would be an average of $1k to $1.5k which means avg HDB 2 Bedrooms units rental price would be around $2k to $2.5k where as 2 bedrooms condo rental price would be around $3k to $4k.

You can't bring your fiancée under dependant pass, you both have to be married then she can be eligible for dependent pass as a spouse. She may look for job once she got dependent pass, as a fresher not that easy to get a job but starting salary could be vary from $4k to $6k depending on her core domain.

Note: For non Indian origin readers, INR 40 lakhs means 4million Indian rupees and INR 2 lakhs means 200,000 rupees).

Hi Surya,

Thanks a lot for your response and definitely its going to help me ! I've few other queries, and need your expert opinion.

1. Do I require additional Health insurance apart from the one which company provides ?
2. Can you refer some links where I can get more insights on Forign exchange, NRE accounts and comparison of various services from Indian banks ?
3. Also, I understand HBDs doesnt have facilities like Gym, Indoor play courts etc. Are these in Condo's and would that be part of the rent in condo ? What would be the cost of gym or any sport if I chose to stay in HBD?
4. Company is providing my a relocation expense and some services from an outsourced vendor for looking for an house and all. For 1 month, I may need to stay on my own and that will be reimbursed as part of relocation expense, Are there any forums or web where I can look for a house/room for 1 month ?

I would not able to comment on health insurance part without knowing what's your new employer offering to you. For me and my family, don't required to take an outside insurance as employer provided insurance covers including hospitalisation and many other facilities such as claiming out station invoices if any of my family members got hospitalised in India or any other countries.

What is the requirements of foreign exchange? Do you need converting local currency to Singapore dollars before arrival or any other requirements? NRE accounts (NRI or NRO acct) you can check local banks in India (all have offices in Singapore), they will guide you as per your requirements.

Most of the HDBs locations have outdoor gyms (but limited to your requirements like you won't get run mills etc). It has outdoor play areas like basketball or badminton grounds. In condo each of these facilities including pools and security services are included with the rent.

1 month rented house are not available or legally allowed in Singapore as each time you take a rented house, you have to go through an agreement which may valid for 1 year to 18 months. You may check with HR if they can help you staying any service apartments where they have agreement with the owner to stay for lesser period of time.

Hi Surya,

Hope you are doing good :)

I'm planning to get my parents also after sometime, what are the VISA options available for them ? Is Dependent VISA applicable for them also ? Thanks.

My Parents intend to stay 4-6 months in a year with us, what are the health packages I can buy for my parents ? Plz suggest. Thank you.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Santhosh

For parents, can be applied long term visa which allow them to stay for long period (dependent Pass only applicable to your spouse n children) as your fixed salary is above 10k per month (minimum eligibility to bring your parents under long term visa). For Health insurance, you can check the insurance company who provides you n your family insurance coverage through your HR or directly for their guidance.