New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Papua New Guinea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Papua New Guinea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello..My spouse and I may be moving to Papua (Timika) through a company assignment with Fluor.  As one could imagine, we have so many questions however really no one to reach out to  at this time.  I'm looking for a forum whereas we may be able to meet people who have experienced this type of relocation and willing to share their knowledge.  At this point, I would move to location once my visa was completed (April timeframe) and my spouse would follow in the next 2-3months.  We currently live in Houston, and originally from Canada.  We have a list of questions and continue to develop the list as the days progress.  Hopefully we can connect with people through the transition process and possibly once at location.

Thank you!

Pete

Hello Pete,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to open your own topic/s on the Papua New Guinea forum to post your questions. Members will gladly help you.

all the very best

Bhavna

Was anyone on this forum in 'Moresby in the 60's?

Hi All

Relocating to PNG in the next few weeks and looking forward to new experience, learning new culture.. Looking for Zimbabwean and south african nationals to network with and get more insight about Papua new Guinea

@Julien

thank you

my husband and I are looking at doing a 6 month volunteer role in Goroka so seeking info on life there!

looking at doing a 6 month volunteer role in Goroka so seeking info on life there!

@soniamuir1961

Very different to what you know...and be broad-minded.

Andrew

@soniamuir1961 Hi there, since I live in Goroka I'll give you a brief info. Goroka is the most peaceful Highlands Province in the whole of Highlands region. I mean it's not really perfect but at least it's far better than the others... Expats are no stranger to us, we have alot of expat missionaries living within Goroka. Like other parts of PNG durning the day is ok but if you moving around in the night always be cautious.Melanesian Institute is where some expats live you can check Numunoi Tribes mission also that's where expats kids go to school.

Hi Folks,

Please help me out to understand the living lifestyle and precautionary measures while moving to Papua New Guinea country.

Please advise me the safest location where mostly Indians live to spend a peaceful life. I know there must be some challenges of crime, natural calamities. Also, need to know the schooling of kids and education standard and good schools for kids from 4 years to 10 years.

Please do revert with your responses.

Thanks

Good day, I'm Jey from Philippines, I looking a job involves on working with animals or crops. Diploma holder.

@borresjey00

|Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create your CV in the Job offers in Papua New Guinea section of the website for better visibility.

All the best

Bhavna

I am sponsoring someone who would like details of the Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in Port Moresby and other members of that fellowship in that city. Could anyone assist please? Regards Lynne J

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056227

Thanks!

Closed