Bringing my non European spouse to Netherlands

Hello everyone, I need a some advice, I'm in a long distance relationship since June this year. I'm European citizen and my boyfriend is Nigerian. We intend to get married next year in March and after the wedding I intend to move to Netherlands, my question is what steps I need to take to bring my husband to live with me in Netherlands. We didn't live together in his country or my country but I visited him several times. We keep in touch every day with video calls. I'm just scared that we will not be believed that our relationship is genuine. Please can someone advice me how to do this. Thank you 😊

@Ramona 21 Hi

https://ind.nl/en/residence-permits. Read this carefully.

And which Europe country exactly you came from?

Your bf can start to apply MVV first from his original country ( take 3 month waiting and exam) you have to pass the exam.

You can message me if you have any questions.

You just need to believe and do your best ( everything is possible).

Good luck

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is a form that contains all the questions they will ask you regarding this; you can download it from the IND website as a PDF document; this link will take you straight to it.  Read it, practice answering them, and start gathering the evidence today.  The bottom line is that if you have no evidence, then you will not get his visa, it really is that simple.  You will need to convince them that yours is a genuine relationship and not one created to try and get around the Dutch Immigration laws.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team