Best visa to immigrate to Argentina and work remotely

I am interested in moving to Argentina, working remotely for an employer located in the United States (or elsewhere), and applying for Argentine citizenship after two years. I am trying to determine the feasibility of this and the best visa or visas to obtain.

There is a digital nomad visa, which is valid for 180 day and can be renewed for an additional 180 days, but that only adds up to one year. After the 360 days, could I leave the country for a day or two, then reapply for a digital nomad visa and repeat the process?

I've also read that it is possible to work remotely with a tourist visa. This may be possible, but is it also legal? A tourist visa is valid for 90 days and can be renewed for an additional 90 days. So could I work remotely for 180 days on a tourist visa, spend the night in Montevideo, then apply for a digital nomad visa, work remotely for 360 days, spend another night in Montevideo, work remotely for 180 days on a tourist visa, then apply for citizenship?

I may also be eligible for the pensionado visa. Can I legally work remotely if I hold that visa?

Hello @Toirtapxe,

Can you share what you found about remote working visa? I'm also working remotely as a software engineer. I live in Sri Lanka.

Thanks friend.

All I know is what I have posted above. I am wanting to know whether anyone else here has any more information or experience with it.

Hello,

I currently live in Buenos Aires. I met some people from the US working remotely and planning a trip to Montevideo each 3 months. It is possible but it might not be the best situation if you want stay for a while.

There is a lot of different infos around the rentista visa and some people say that it may apply for your situation (working remotely for an US company). I would suggest to speak directly with a lawyer to find an answer regarding your situation.

Your best strategy is no visa at all. In Argentina you can overstay and instead of an illegal (fugitive running slave) you become an inhabitant (free paperless citizen with no policial rights) as soon as the whole country is a sanctuarium state.