ADEK PASS QUERY FOR A TEACHING JOB

Hi All

I have secured a job with one of the Charter Schools in Abu Dhabi. I am currently in the process of attesting my documents and I would like some confirmation please.

My degree is from the Open University and my PGCE is from Plymouth Marjon University, together with QTS.

I would like to ask if my Open University degree will be an issue for ADEK PASS, or will my application be approved with my PGCE and QTS.

Please can someone advise. I am getting mixed messages.

@RazBee Hi! I have been offered a job at a private school in Abu Dhabi. I completed the ADEK profile but they have asked for the equivalency certificate. Just wondered how far in the process you are as I've been so worried about things. 1f642.svg

Hello,

Has anyone been rejected two times due to security reasons in ADEK?

I am working in a school in Abudhabi for 10 yrs and the ADEK pass says rejected since 2020 each time, for no reason???

Please let me know how to get out of this. Has anyone experienced this?

I am perturbed...

@Sunny90

Hi there,

I have still not applied for the equivalency. I am first going to try applying on ADEK PASS with my current certificates, and then if they request for an equivalency certificate, will apply for it.

Do you know why they have asked for an equivalency certificate for you? Where are you from? what degree do you have and from where? As that may be the reason why they want equivalency.

@RazBee

I have a uk open uni degree in English. I spoke to the school and they have asked ADEK for a clarification, so I'm hoping that everything can be sorted in time. I've never had an issue with my degree here and have been teaching here for 8 years.

It's been a long process so just really want things done. Because you mentioned the equivalency, I wondered what you knew about the getting one.

Hopefully you won't be asked for one.

To be honest, I think I will probably be asked for it too, but trying my luck without it. I have heard it's a long-winded and time-consuming process. The whole ADEK process is quite stressful as it is.

Hope it all works out for you. Please do let me know what ADEK say, as that may help me with preparing for my process, if needed.

@RazBee

To be honest, I was trying my luck too. I hadn't heard too much about the equivalency certificate and it's hard to get much support with completing the application for it. I do think a bit of luck helps too if the person checking your profile overlooks it.

I hope everything goes okay with yours.

I will definitely let you know how things go. I'm thinking about started a blog about the ADEK pass after all this 😅.

Hi all!

I'm waiting for my ADEK approval as well and I've been asked to submit a language proficiency test. Do any of you know which IELTS is required? General is ok?

Thanks!!

@Sunny90

Hi Sunny,

Have you had any update with you ADEK PASS in regards to the equivalency certificate?

I have submitted my ADEK PASS profile and now waiting to hear from them.

Thanks

@RazBee

Hi

its a long process to get the equivalency so I spoke to the school and they said they will resubmit the profile with additional certificates I have to see if they can avoid them asking for it.

I will let you know how this goes.

I'm getting so nervous now. Let me know if yours goes through - hopefully they don't ask for one for you.

@Sunny90

Hope it all works out for you and you aren't required to do the equivalency. What other certificates are you uploading?

I spoke to my head yesterday about my concern regarding my OU degree, and she was relative positive that it will be fine. She believes my PGCE and QTS supersedes my degree, so I should be fine.

I understand your nervousness and anxiety. I feel the same with the time constraints we are now facing.  Will keep you posted on my progress.

@RazBee

well that's really positive to know. I made a huge mistake and didn't put my QTS in so the ADEK co ordinator has said she is going to add this and see if this will help, which sounds like what your head said. I feel so silly not putting the QTS in.

I will let you know about what happens but please keep me informed about your situation if you can as I think you will get a response faster than me (as you've just submitted yours).

@Sunny90

Hi Sunny,

Have you had any updates yet?

Mine is now on pending ADEK approval since last week. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad 😕

@RazBee

Hi,

I've had a reply to change one thing on my experience (for the school to do) but nothing about equivalency this time.

So I think that's positive. Hopefully the QTS has made the change.

Hopefully you get a response by next week. The first time I submitted it, it took about 10 working days for a response.

@RazBee

Was your ADEK pass approved yet? I  submitted my application on the June 16th and I received the approval today.

hi Everyone !

Required an advice 

I have recently attained an Offer from Charter School but its subject to the ADEK approval. Currently I am approved from ADEK and working in british school as Maths Teacher. So as per new rule do we need equivalency for the ADEK approval? Because for my previous approvals ADEK never asked for the equivalency, So right now I am confused either to give resignation from the current organization or not ? If I am resigning and according to the new rule of equivalency, If I am not getting the approval from ADEK then I will be losing the upcoming Job and If I wish to join the previous or the same school, I need to again apply for the ADEK approval which requires Equivalency.

What is this equivalency you guys talk about?

Equivalency for the Educational Certificates from MOE. As per new rules from ADEK they are requesting Equivalency Ceritificates for the educational documents for the ADEK pass approvals.

I think they ask for equivalency if your degree is less than four years in duration, or maybe it is not attested from UAE Embassy .. If it is 4 years bachelor program and attested from UAE Embassy then it should not be a problem i think ? .. or am i mistaken here ?

@Vikul Dhiman

Hi. I believe me and Razbee have an open university degree and this is the reason for a possible equivalency request.

You should be okay if you have studied at other universities.

Hope this helps.

@RazBee

Hi RazBee,

Hope you're doing well and are getting somewhere with paperwork. I just wanted to let you know that I have had ADEK approval thankfully. I hope this helps a little in terms of your open degree.

I hope everything works out for you!

Congratulations

@Sunny90

I have a question please. I studied in open university and did my PGCE. I have 4 years experience. I had an offer from private school in abu Dhabi. Would I get the approval from ADEK?

If not , can I still teach in abu Dhabi?

My school is not really worried about the approval

Do they accept online degree

Thanks

@RazBee

Did you get the approval yet

@Sunny90 Hello dear,

Hope you are doing well, when did you present your documents to ADEK for the pass (if you could give a timespan).

Thank you in advance.

@redrose99

Hi.

Well I had a few issues to start with but I think that was because I didn't put my QTS on. When I resubmitted with my QTS certificate, everything worked out thank God.

@Imad Ayyass

I first sent in May, then resubmitted twice in June so was a long process for me. I got approved on 19th July.

I know others have had theirs through fairly fast.

Haii all,

I would like to study PGCE in abudhabi by online. Certificates are based on UK.  Is there any issue for getting ADEK approval for the same?

Some schools told distance education / open university / teaching qualification by online is not acceptable.

I need clear clarification for this. Pls help me🙏

@Faseela Kochumohammed  i have the same question my PGCEi is from Liverpool John Moores University would it be accepted or not, and when to receive a job offer before or after ADEK approval?

Has anyone from here succeeded at getting adek approval for teacher in training? Im very anxious as ive been waiting a week from now to hear from adek.

@Sunny90 Please could you tell me what is the last process before approving your adek pass. Mine from the beginning of August and now under operater HQ AL Review this the last process or what? Thanks

@Omneya Mohammed

Hi - you may have already got your approval but that sounds like it's at the end. So usually that means they ask for some information from your school and then it goes back to ‘pending approval for a few days' and then you should get passed.

Hope this helps!!

@Faseela Kochumohammed I have the same doubt. Im torn between Anglia Ruskin university that provides reasonable online pgce and Notting hill college in Ras Al Khaimah that also provides the same. For some reason the query section of MOE and Adek (Tamm) services are all useless or perhaps they dont know how to provide information or assistance. I have sent atleast 10 enquiries but the same response "you can apply and check it out" like i have all the time to pluck pg certificates to keep applying! :( i wish adek was easier to navigate like khda.

hi guys wondered if anyone can help here. I have submitted my application on ADEK , school have approved it and it is now showing as ADEK admin "issue letter" is that the ADEK approval stage ? Thanks in advance

@RazBee Hi, can you please tell me how to submit for the adek pass?