Weather caldas da raihna

Im considering moving to an area surrounding caldas da raihna , I have concerns over what the weather would be like between November to March in this area ,
Does it rain a lot in this area,  was looking at the algarve but property prices are crazy
I have looked at historical data but want to here from people who actually have lived through a winter here thanks ian
Also very interested in this info.
Have a look at this weatherspark.com/y/32066/Average-Weather-in-Caldas-da-Rainha-Portugal-Year-Round. I think this describes it climate-wise. The weather can be different from year to year, so nobody knows.
@Spongey
Hi,
For several years now, we have been planning to retire to Sao Martinho do Porto, quite close to Caldas da Rainha.  We have visited the area at pretty much all times of the year, but have also researched the weather/climate statistics. 

Compared to the Algarve (or the Lisbon area), there is certainly more rain and clouds in the Caldas/Silver Coast region, but it's not excessive by any means. If you like very high heat in summer with temperatures regularly well above 30°C, and very few clouds, then the Silver Coast area is perhaps not for you.  However, if you prefer summer temperatures in the high 20's and less frequently rising high into the 30's, then the Caldas and Silver Coast area is really great. Winters are of course mild and pleasant, even if there will be more rain than in the South.

Caldas is also a really nice town, with great shops and restaurants, and very close to the coast of course.

I hope this helps a little!

Adam
Hello Adam,

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks a lot for these valuable information.

I'm sure our other members will greatly appreciate it as well.1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

@AdamCDenman thank you Adam much appreciated , plus the property is cheaper lol

@Spongey,
Please do not open new threads on the same topic. The information given here is enough for your analysis. There is also this video in which this expat talks about the weather in that city, Caldas da Rainha (h after n).

One thing to consider is that in almost all of the coastal towns/settlements the summer fog doesn't go away until e.g. 11am or even later and it might come back early in the afternoon. I think there is a good reason why most larger towns along te Atlantic coast are a bit more inland. From there it is an easy drive to the beach when the weather is nicer than "at home". You can always check using [link moderated]

@JohnnyPT thank you

(Out of topic) 1f60e.svg

Origins of the name 'Caldas da Rainha'

Caldas comes from the Latin cal(i)dae, (hot) aquae (waters).
And the Queen (Rainha) is D. Leonor, wife of D. João II.

When the Queen came from Óbidos to Batalha in the summer of 1484, passing by this place, she noticed a group of plebs bathing naked in hot, muddy waters.

Intrigued, she ordered them to stop the carriage and inquired about the reason for such a crowd of people. They are miraculous waters, she was explained.

And the Queen, who suffered from a terrible skin disease, also wanted to experience the miracle of these waters. It is said that she was healed, which is why a year later she had a therapeutic building built on the site.

@Spongey I think Adam gave a fair answer. It can be quite cool in the winter and temperatures could drop below 10 degrees. However, it be 18 degrees in December and January but on the whole I think it's getting warmer!