Colocation in praia

Hello,

I'm coming in praia from the 26th of septembre 2022 and I'm looking for a flat to live in colocation with other people. I will stay for sure in Santiago until the beginning of décembre 2022 and maybe more...

If you have any propositions, please let me know.

Then if you have any contacts for portuguese lessons I'm interrested as well!

Best regards :)
Ophélie!
Hello,

I'm coming in praia from the 26th of septembre 2022 and I'm looking for a flat to live in colocation with other people. I will stay for sure in Santiago until the beginning of décembre 2022 and maybe more...

If you have any propositions, please let me know.

Then if you have any contacts for portuguese lessons I'm interrested as well!

Best regards smile.png
Ophélie!
- @ophclement

Hi Ophélie,

I can't help with the shared apartments as shared living is not really a thing in Cape Verde except among the poorest people, and apartments are very cheap in Praia compared to Europe. So most expats simply rent an apartment for themselves.

As far as Portuguese lessons, you can easily find this in Praia either via private individuals or a language school such as Babel. There's also an online offerings but I don't recommend them as they can be quite expensive compared to formal lessons given here.

Regards,

Angelo
@ophclement

I agree with what CV Angelo said.

In addition, you can take Portuguese lessons here:

Camões – Centro de Língua Portuguesa
Campus de Palmarejo - Universidade de Cabo Verde.

They have a Facebook page where you can find more information. Classes are held at the Universidade de Cabo Verde campus.

You can contact the director, Mariana Faria, about enrolling in lessons, at this email: [email protected]

They are charging about $4.5 an hour for private lessons.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best,
Felipe

@CVAngelo

Thanks a lot Angelo for your reply.
For a shared appartment even with student or expat people you think it's difficult to find?

Have a good evening.

Best regards.

Ophélie!
@FelipeGeorge

Thank you felipe.
I'll contact now the school for septembre.

Best regards.
@CVAngelo

Thanks a lot Angelo for your reply.
For a shared appartment even with student or expat people you think it's difficult to find?

Have a good evening.

Best regards.

Ophélie!
- @ophclement

Yes, shared apartments are difficult to find. Perhaps if you talk to students at the University. However, they now have dorms at the new campus, so even students are not so keen to share.

Angelo