Moving to Cyprus from the uk

Hi all you lucky expats! My name is Alan.English and living in the West Midlands.I know Paphos well and over the last 20yrs.I have enjoyed holidays and often for up to ⚅ months at a time.
My plan is to obtain the Alien 'pink slip' certificate allowing me to stay on for 12months.Also to apply for  the S1 health care form.
I have spoken to a firm of Solicitors in Cyprus for advice.It seems the ball park figure is approx €1500 to employ a Solicitor/lawyer to process this.
My plan is upon landing to firstly find an apartment to sign up to for 12months.can I safely do this this before even knowing for certain I can stay beyond 90 days?
Open a Bank account and deposit €15000 as requested.
Sort out the S1 health care with NHS.and then apply for the certificate.?
Any advice would welcome before I have a panic attack !
Alan.single and 78yrs young.

It may well take much longer than 90 days for acceptance and issue of residency document but as long as you have  the application receipt you should be ok

I would suggest you speak to a couple of locals who do this for a living and are considerably cheaper than a lawyer.. and I do mean considerably

Am sure I have listed a few in previous posts
Many thanks for reply and advice.Will do.Any pointers I can note?
Cheers.Alan
Get you s1 sorted but to do that you will.need an address in Cyprus as that's where they need to send your S1 forms if you are married then apply for your spouse at same time and ask for your ghic at same time as it's part of the S1 entitlement

Don't give up your UK bank accounts unless you are forced to do so ..If you must have a bank account here then I suggest Hellenic....imo better than BoC for branch  banking,  web and mobile.. but you can easily get a Revolut card or better still a Starling card with your UK address before you leave.. better currency exchange rates especially with Starling as their ATM cash withdrawal limits are higher too. Both to my knowledge accept direct debits and will accept salaries pensions in sterling to their GBP side of their card accounts and they give you the advantage of holding sterling until such time as exchange rate is better and transfers are instant.....  good luck