Apartment rental in Malta

Hi,

I am moving to Malta at the end of 2022. I am and currently live in France and I am self-employed.
I have a few questions regarding accommodation and what it is like to live in Malta.
I plan to move to an AirBnB for my first month to find accommodation for 6/8 months. Where are the best places to find listings and contact landlords directly? Also, am I ambitious in hopes of getting accommodation in my first month there?
Also, my second question is related to the first, but relates to location, my housing budget is around €850 max per month and I'm looking for an apartment around St Julian's, Valletta or Sliema, is what you think that it is possible to find an apartment in one of these cities for this budget?

Thank you !!!

Hello untadelig,

Please note that your thread has been moved under 'Accomodation' on the forum.

For a quicker and more accurate search, fell free to post your advert in the 'Housing in Malta' section and browse the existing listings in that section as well.

Regards

Djameel
Expat.com Team

Hi,

I am moving to Malta at the end of 2022. I am and currently live in France and I am self-employed.
I have a few questions regarding accommodation and what it is like to live in Malta.
I plan to move to an AirBnB for my first month to find accommodation for 6/8 months. Where are the best places to find listings and contact landlords directly? Also, am I ambitious in hopes of getting accommodation in my first month there?
Also, my second question is related to the first, but relates to location, my housing budget is around €850 max per month and I'm looking for an apartment around St Julian's, Valletta or Sliema, is what you think that it is possible to find an apartment in one of these cities for this budget?

Thank you !!!
- @untadelig
Renting for 6 to 8 months would be considered a short let and you are likely to be charged at holiday rates, especially in those areas.
You may find a place to rent on the outskirts of those areas, but if self employed, why not consider Gozo where you get a decent place for less money than that.
There are dozens of agents but keep in mind that much of the property they advertise is already let. Have a look at Marketplace on Facebook.