Looking for advice, I am moving to Bermuda to search for job.

My Name is Chibuike from Nigeria I just got my documents to move to Bermuda by next month, I don't know anyone over there and I learnt that cost of living is high over there, please I need some advice on how to go when I get there. Thanks

Hi- which type of job did u get on a work permit?

And what will your salery be?

Cheers
Gayle Ventures

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am yet to get working permit, I am tourist visa

I'm not the best person to ask about jobs, but the one thing I'll say is that it's easier if you have Bermuda status; Bermudians get priority over foreigners when it comes to jobs. If, however, there are no Bermudians qualified or willing to take said jobs, they can legally go to a foreigner.

So the question of citizenship or Status becomes even more pertinent for you. Honestly I have no idea if you qualify because I don't know the details of your situation (do you have British citizenship currently?), I just know that Bermuda law tends to not be so generous when it comes to Status. Youcan look here and try and make something of it.

You won't be able to look for a job in bermuda as you can only apply for jobs off the island and you would need approval for a work permit to work in that one particular job. So unlikely you will be able to work here unless you get a work permit.