Pre-paying the Quarantine RT PCR test

I've been told I can avoid a long line up at the Manila airport immigration if I can show pre-pay receipt for my RT-PCR test. My hotel said I have to line up at the BOQ desk and pay PHP 4000. I found this site online, does it look right? https://shop.dashlabs.app/607a41404d14d … 0008155ce2

Hello,
We registered via RedCross and booked and prepaid Daslabs (thus not Padlab) with credit card for less than 3000. We were tested in our hotel yesterday and are anxiously waiting for our results.
Be aware that you need to show a few more documents on arrival. It took us less than 30 minutes.
Make sure that every boot clean their hands before handling your documents and that some take pictures using their personal phones. So much for privacy.

I ended up at Dashlabs too. The price now was PHP 2800. Thanks for confirming what I thought. How long before your flight did you reserve? Okay Our flight isn't until Nov 17, I'm always jumping the gun but I don't think it matters.

The test we registered with in advance,  but paid 2d before.
OHP wich is essential we did 2w in advance
Hotel too, but arranged for their transport a week in advance.
We carried prints of everything.
OHP
hotel reservation
Test payment
European vax certificate
Redcross registration

Thanks that's pretty clear. OHP would be onehealthpass the online form looks easy enough. The site I found for prepay the test is Red Cross, is there another place to register with them?

Double post couldn't find a delete.

we used redcross.
they will come to your hotel for the test.
redcross does the work. Dashlabs is a sort of ISP providing the computer environment for laboratories.

Thanks for concise simple answers. When filling out the form with OHP it asks for a permanent address and won't let me use any address other than a Philippine address.

The home destination address is no problem, but should we use the same address as our permanent address.

We live here, so permanent address is in the Philippines.
If i remember well, there is a tick box to indicate that the home address.

When you finish, make sure not to follow the link to PADLAB if you want RedCross.

Thanks, I found online instructions say not to stress it and just use the same as your quarantine address.

Depending on where you're going, you may not need the PCR. We're flying to Cebu on the 6th, when we originally booked in September, Cebu required a PCR.

On October 1, they dropped that requirement, all we need now is a "medical certificate" that we "don't have symptoms of COVID."

PAL sent an email advising to check the requirements--that's how I found out.

Well that's darn interesting. Thanks!

I may be wrong, but as far as I know everybody entering the country via NAIA must have 10d quarantine booked in Manila, including the the mandatory, prepaid test.

For international flights into Cebu (if any) I only know of similar rules as for NAIA.
See hereunder as per June. There maybe updates. I find the change per 1 October surprising.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 14) — The Mactan-Cebu International Airport has began accepting international flights this week with the lapse of the Palace's order diverting Cebu-bound flights to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Sunday said there has been “no further directive” regarding the previous order, which was issued on June 5 by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea and was in effect until 11:59 p.m. of June 12.

When asked whether this meant international flights can already land on the Cebu airport, Roque said “without a further memo from Malacanang, yes.”

Dr. Mary Jean Loreche, spokesperson of the Department of Health Region 7, told reporters the province's “swab upon arrival” policy is still being imposed on arriving passengers.

Under Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia's policy, returning overseas Filipinos will be swabbed upon arrival at the airport.

Cebu residents can return to their homes after getting a negative RT-PCR test. They will undergo home quarantine and will be swabbed again on the seventh day in their residence.

Non-Cebu residents who test negative have to show proof of itinerary in going home to their province and will observe health protocols of their local government or the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases,

bizwizard wrote:

Depending on where you're going, you may not need the PCR. We're flying to Cebu on the 6th, when we originally booked in September, Cebu required a PCR.

On October 1, they dropped that requirement, all we need now is a "medical certificate" that we "don't have symptoms of COVID."

PAL sent an email advising to check the requirements--that's how I found out.

See what the inventor of the PCR test has to say and you will know why.

Fact check: Inventor of method used to test for COVID-19 didn't say it can't be used in virus detection

VERDICT
Misleading. The quote regarding the limitations of PCR tests appears not to be directly from Mullis, but in any case is not evidence the test is fraudulent. PCR tests are being used widely in England to show that SARS-CoV-2 viral genetic material is present in the patient.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our work to fact-check social media posts here .

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.