Need phone communication from Philippines to USA.

I want but actually need to have phone communication from Philippines (Cebu Area) to my disabled brother in the States...  what are some of my options for this?   I currently have a FB Portal device that may or may not work from the Philippines to the US b/c I haven't tried it yet- but will when I arrive there in 2022.  I have a ATT Samsung S5 Android that I have gotten unlocked and he only has a land line in the US.  I would like to concor this without high phone charges. All suggestions are welcome...  Thank you in advance.  Tony

My GF and I use Viber when I am in the states, for messaging, sending pics, voice calls, and video chat. It requires an internet connection, as it uses IP protocol. You will each have to load Viber. We have been using this for 7 years and have never paid a cent. It works really well. She also uses both Viber and FB Messenger with her sisters in the States.

For normal calling to various institutions in the states, like when I sold a home remotely from Cebu, I just made sure I had a good load on my phone, maybe 500-1000p (Globe) just direct dial and make the call, same with the occasional calls to bank customer service.

but my disabled brother only has a land line.. he does not use a computer or a smart phone.. he can use those devices.

https://call2friends.com/free-calls
Have a look at this link may help you out

I didn't see a link.... i think it's being reviewed... I meant in earlier text that my brother only uses a land line.. .he does not have or knows how to use a computer or smart phone.. he is 86 yrs old disabled

Tony,
  I use a google voice number. I've called 800 numbers, landlines, and cell phones. I get OTP codes from banks and Social Security, no issues.  Quality has always been excellent so far. I've been using it for about 2.5 months, and it's free. I got the number before I moved to the PI while in the US.

Regards, Dan

We use MagicJack. Costs $39/year. You can choose an area code, then they will assign a number. This would make it easier for your brother to dial, 7 numbers instead of 10.

Only issue is that, for some reason, landlines in Alaska could not be reached. It seemed that they all charge access fees from other locations.

Have used it successfully to/from many states. Top quality connections, depending on the internet you are using. Can be used to call overseas with charges. Since all my contacts are in the USA, works well.

Google Voice works well but you have to download the app in the USA. Google will not allow the app to be downloaded in the PH. You might be able to download it using a VPN but not sure. One app that works well to landline is Rebtel.com which can be downloaded in the Philippines. It provides free calling to the USA as long as you have an internet connection on your smartphone.

If it's one way, Philippines to USA, then Viber has $1.99/mo unlimited plan that lets you call any number in the USA.  I believe it's over VOIP so you need to have wifi or cellular data.

viber used to have a local number plan that lets your friend/relaties call you from the USA to Philippines but they just discontinued it :(