South African Exit Plan to Cyprus

Good afternoon from sunny South Africa.  My name is Emmanuel Roccas and am looking at immigrating to Cyprus to start a new life with my partner and family.  Giving myself a 30 month exit plan.  I hold a EU passport (Greece) and can convers in Greek.  I am 52 and running my own accounting practice.
Thinking of Pathos as we are very much outdoor people, swimming, mountain biking and running.  My kids might end up in the UK as they also hold UK passports.
Who can we chat too about our plans?

Assuming "Pathos" is a typo and meant Paphos, there are two forums for Paphos:

https://www.paphospeople.com/ppforum/https://www.paphoslife.com/forum/

Will probably move there myself next year.

Just ask your questions  and we shall do our best to answer

Hi Emmanuel,

My name is Alan, I moved over from Australia a few years back and work with a consultancy specializing in Cyprus residency and relocation programs.  Seeing as you already hold an EU passport it will be easier for you to move to Cyprus.

Alan

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly share information without promoting services.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Indeed  :)
Thanks for the links, looks interesting.
We have contacted the Cypriot Embassy and waiting to see if and when we could go and see them to discuss our plans and options.

Thanks Toons,
I will be working from home.
Silly question but an important one for me not having done much research as this planed move is still in its infancy stage, is there load shedding in Cyprus or is it unique to South Africa? :/
Good cell phone and wifi infrastructures?
Thanks
Emmanuel

Hi Alan,
Much appreciated, will definitely get in touch once we know of our plans.
Only issue at the mo is that my partner doesn't hold a EU passport so we need to first get over that hurdle.
Regards
Emmanuel

Internet is good here - it all depends on your chosen location and provider - Cyta for example are currently rolling out fibre in certain areas  and are scheduled to complete my area (Peyia Paphos) in 2022/23. I currently have 100mbps and its stable and I've been with them for 7 years and wont use anyone else  there are many dish based providers here a couple are really good (Ecotech and Cosmos) but the others are average to poor in my opinion so be careful who you choose...

As for non-Eu partner i dont see that as being an issue at all - if you hold an EU passport then your partner would apply as a family member of an EU national, and they must treat them the same as you..... however if unmarried you simply need to prove a durable relationship of 2 years or more (bills / bank accounts in both names etc) and even an easy-to-do signed an sworn in local court affidavit declaring reliance/dependancy on you as a en eu national can do the trick for acceptance for residency. I know two of my friends did this recently so its not difficult and you can do this yourself  or by using someone like Gwennys Red Tape Services in Paphos who do everything for you for a fee of about €150-180 each and can even be done in your absence...     

good luck

What is load shedding ?..

Awesome, thanks Toon.  I will be home bound so I will need fiber, 100mbps is more then enough.  I am accountant so no need for fast speed but will be nice to have.

We still haven't decided on an area that we want to move to.  I did send a few mail shots to cycle shops in Cyprus and one mention Troodos for mountain bike trails.  I also would like to get back in to open water swimming.  So I recon we might be neighbours if we end up in Paphos.

My partner, Celeste or the Greek equivalent Orenea, will have to find work.

Thanks for the info re Celeste, that sounds promising.  We have been together for over 8 years so shouldn't be an issue.

We have non-fiber and the 100 mbps is superb and have already registered with cyta for the fiber upgrade when it happens and will cut our cost by 30% and increase speed to 250mbps

Oh my hat, that is good to know.  So I am sorted with forking from home!!

Box ticked!

I would say so

'.....working from home'. Damn auto correct

I forked that out lol .....You can edit a reply you know

:)