Employment

Hello Everyone,
I am a doctor currently working in India but want to shift to Philippines. I have a TRV because I married my long term Filipina Girlfriend.
I wanted to ask if I can give the Physician Licensure Board Exam and work in Philippines as a doctor? Or would I need something else.

Raj Das Munshi wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I am a doctor currently working in India but want to shift to Philippines. I have a TRV because I married my long term Filipina Girlfriend.
I wanted to ask if I can give the Physician Licensure Board Exam and work in Philippines as a doctor? Or would I need something else.

Hi Raj...welcome to the forum.
The Philippines doesn't unilaterally allow foreign professionals to practice their professions here unless their countries allow Filipinos to practice the same in their countries (reciprocal arrangement)
Also your doctor's medical qualifications and experience needs to be accredited/vetted by Philippine Medical Council / the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) philippines.
Why not check with them to make sure. ...Who knows as there is currently a huge demand for medical/healthcare workers due to the current pandemic.
Anyways best of luck.

Hello and thanks for the quick reply.
Is it really that difficult? I am not a foreigner per se, I have a Temporary Residence and when I got it they told me that I don't need permit to work in Philippines.
I have stayed away from my wife for long but now I want to live together. Pls tell me if there's a way.

A current TRV holder can seek employment in the Philippines...however to work as a medical professional/doctor here your Indian medical qualifications and experience still needs to be accredited/vetted by Philippine Medical Council / the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) philippines....best to check with them directly.
Good luck.