Landlords to avoid

Hello all. Think it is an idea to warn against certain landlords/rentals businesses. By giving details and inititials (not full names) so people looking for a place can learn from fellow expats who you may want to avoid.

main79 wrote:

Hello all. Think it is an idea to warn against certain landlords/rentals businesses. By giving details and inititials (not full names) so people looking for a place can learn from fellow expats who you may want to avoid.

Probably not such a good idea as people have different opinions about agents and landlords.

There is a very active facebook group dedicated to this already.

Thinking about returning to Gozo on early April,and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.I would be looking for a small 1 bed flat or maisonette in Gozo,I am 70yr.old male and would stay for the allowed 90 days,because I know I can't retire in Europe because of brexit,Thanks for now,James

James Simmers wrote:

Thinking about returning to Gozo on early April,and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.I would be looking for a small 1 bed flat or maisonette in Gozo,I am 70yr.old male and would stay for the allowed 90 days,because I know I can't retire in Europe because of brexit,Thanks for now,James

You may not find it too easy to rent for a short period as most lets are for a year or more.

Thanks for that,It's too risky to take a chance and not get short let,could try a non eu country,that's my only hope,Cheers for now.

James Simmers wrote:

Thanks for that,It's too risky to take a chance and not get short let,could try a non eu country,that's my only hope,Cheers for now.

It is not impossible to retire in the EU, you just need a visa just like countries outside the EU.

James Simmers wrote:

You might be able to arrange a short 3 month let of a holiday home in the off peak months and then whilst here, visit Identity Malta and see if your circumstances would allow you to apply for residence. It is possible, I believe on an annual basis initially, to get residence as a TCN through self sufficiency.

Thanks for that advice,I will be hopefully arriving in Malta 2nd/3rd April,and will head for Gozo,I lived in Qala for 8 months in 2016, but had to return to Scotland for a very close bereavement,and want to return to try for residence.I had residency then, but am now non eu and don't expect to get it again because of brexit.can you advise me if I should contact estate agents for rooms,or does anyone know if maybe private tenements have lets

James Simmers wrote:

Thanks for that advice,I will be hopefully arriving in Malta 2nd/3rd April,and will head for Gozo,I lived in Qala for 8 months in 2016, but had to return to Scotland for a very close bereavement,and want to return to try for residence.I had residency then, but am now non eu and don't expect to get it again because of brexit.can you advise me if I should contact estate agents for rooms,or does anyone know if maybe private tenements have lets

As explained earlier, you may be able to get a holiday let otherwise most lets are for at least a year as you may know from when you lived here before, good luck.

Thanks for that MO,if I can get a holiday let for 3 months,that will do me just fine,then 3 month back in Scotland,it's the only answer,then 3 month back in Gozo and so on.

James Simmers wrote:

Thanks for that MO,if I can get a holiday let for 3 months,that will do me just fine,then 3 month back in Scotland,it's the only answer,then 3 month back in Gozo and so on.

You could enquire with Identity Malta about moving here and what the requirements will be.

Cheers for that MO,I'll let you know how I get on.Happy days

You will NEVER get refund the security deposit with Landlords such as Mr ***, owner of the apartment located in  located at ***. Be aware. This is not a denounces, but a fact.

I broke my back to clean his house for several days, and I even hired professional cleaners as well before the inventory. I and 3 cleaners cleaned that apartment thoroughly. Likewise, I have a strong inclination toward perfection when it comes to cleanliness.

Understandably, he and his spouse were satisfied about apartment condition and dully signed on inventory check.

Now I am back to my country, and he says 10 days after, the condition of apartment was disastrous and dirty so that he cannot give my security deposit back. He has no shame, no dignities .

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Name removed to avoid any risk related to defamation
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You will NEVER get refund the security deposit with Landlords such as Mr ***, owner of the apartment located in  located at****. Be aware. This is not a denounces, but a fact. I broke my back to clean his house for several days, and I even hired professional cleaners as well before the inventory. I and 3 cleaners cleaned that apartment thoroughly. Likewise, I have a strong inclination toward perfection when it comes to cleanliness.Understandably, he and his spouse were satisfied about apartment condition and dully signed on inventory check. Now I am back to my country, and he says 10 days after, the condition of apartment was disastrous and dirty so that he cannot give my security deposit back. He has no shame, no dignities .        -@Mimi Y.20

Why did you not get the deposit before you left?

@Mimi Y.20

hello welcome !

Please note the forum should not be used to defame or post complaints about third parties.

One time posters using the forum to post defamatory contents are moderated.

If you are looking for useful information on how to get back a deposit, then, members can help.

Regards

Bhavna