Vacination

who can give information on vacination in the Philippines?
do we need to get registrated first?
who will be first once the frontline workers are vacinated?
please all who have information share , so we who want to get vacination know what to do
advanced thanks to all who share there know how?

greets Dirk

dirk c wrote:

please all who have information share , so we who want to get vacination know what to do

greets Dirk

Your mileage may very on my answer.

My stepson who is a nurse in England has connections within the Hospital Community here in Manila. He is planning a trip sometime in the future to return on vacation. In order for him to return to England, everyone in our household will have to be vaccinated.

My wife had recent surgery and when her Doctor gives her a clean bill of health we all will be vaccinated. Myself, Wife, two Stepsons, Daughter-in-law and Housekeeper.

With the fuzzy arranges made we will all receive the Pfizer Vac at $60 USD each. My stepson is
is handling this, all I know he will tell us when and where to go when the time comes.

No Sputnik or Sinopharm Vac for us by choice

dirk c wrote:

greets Dirk

To receive Covid-19 vaccine, get registered with your local government unit (LGU) or barangay. I don't know what the specific protocol is in your barangay. Perhaps you can try visiting their facebook page for more information. But here in Quezon City, we filled up a form and submitted it to the barangay. You should include a working cellphone number.

The government is asking people to sign up. First priority is category A1, A2 and A3. These consist of frontliners, senior citizens and people with comorbidities. I don't know what vaccine brand your barangay will be distributing. But shipments of Covax and Pfizer have arrived.

I'm under category C, the last priority and will probably get my turn in October 2021.

I will post more references / links here later. But the above info will get you started on the process of getting a vaccine from the Philippine government.

dirk c wrote:

greets Dirk

Here's the facebook page for Health Office of Mati City (I'm assuming you live there from your profile info.)

https://www.facebook.com/CityHealthOfficeCityofMati/

I don't understand the local language on the fb page. But I'm guessing it says that: for senior citizens (age 60 and above), go to your nearest Barangay Health Center to register for the vaccine.

For QUEZON CITY Residents  who belong to CATEGORIES A1, A2, and A3, here's how you can register and get a schedule with the nearest vaccination center:

https://quezoncity.gov.ph/qcitizen-guid … a-vaccine/

Here's a link to a chart to determine to which category you belong.

https://qcprotektodo.ph/priority-list/

Dirk-I am pretty sure you can find out  about vaccination updates by doing a little research online-JIMMY

well ,we went to the vacination center and after filling in documents  i got my first vacination ,all together (walking to and from) it took 1 hr ,i got it becorse i am 60 yrs so senior ,my wife is 47 so she will have to wait ,living in a small town has his benefits hehe ,i love Mati

greets Dirk.

That is not true about everybody in the household having to be vaccinated. Your step son could return to England but since the Philippines is currently on the UK Red list of countries, he would need to quarantine in a government approved quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1750.

Does anybody have news about vaccinations for Bohol? From what I can find vaccinations are only available to frontline healthcare workers in Tagbilaran.

I live in Baguio, I registered on line 2 month ago. This morning I was invited to go to SM parking by text.
There were more than 1000 peoples waiting, it took me more than 3 hours waiting. I was vaccinated with Astrazeneca and paid nothing.

Glad to see vaccinations rolling out, and over 60 Expats getting it. This is great news.

Bob, great that you will get Pfizer, but just FYI I have read and heard on a podcast that the Sputnik vaccine is very efficacious. The Russians apparently have been at the forefront of vaccine development since the 60's when their acceptance and use of Albert Sabin's Polio vaccine proved it's effectiveness in Soviet children and eventually was used in the US through joint cooperation between the countries. There were other collaborations,  they are good at it and still have the infrastructure and know how in many locations, so were able to ramp up quickly for Covid-19.

Cherryann01 wrote:

That is not true about everybody in the household having to be vaccinated. Your step son could return to England but since the Philippines is currently on the UK Red list of countries, he would need to quarantine in a government approved quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1750.

All of us will have to be vaccinated, it is a requirement of his hospital where he works as a Nurse. If all is well he will be returning to the Philippines in December.

I'm sure many things will transpire from now to December. Seeing that he is already vaccinated and he has his own apartment in London, upon his return to London it seems redundant to be quarantined in a hotel when he has own place.