Working remotely from Iran

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all keeping safe.

Can you please share with me any experience of working remotely from Iran, doesn't matter if you're local or expat. What type of job you did and how did you receive your pay. Is it possible to do remote jobs from Iran since most of sites are restricted and needs VPN to access. How did it go with doing such remote jobs?

Thank you and stay safe.

Hey, so I have done so for many months. Most tools such as teams or other tools work without a Need for VPN. Office 365 and sharepoint will require some sorts of VPN at least in my case in order to login. For which I used company VPN.

In terms of payment I have not had any funds transferred to Iran as it was simply not possible due to sanctions.
@reincalde If you can work with a low internet speed and often with VPN then it is possible (download 8MB, upload 0.8MB ADSL, or GSM with multiple SIM cards).

Money transfer is very difficult due to US sanctions. There are banks that offer this service - for a hefty fee.

@sina_kh Hi! Thanks for the insight. Would you mind sharing what your role is? I've been trying to find a remote-first company that will allow me to work from Iran for at least half the year (I'm currently based in Canada) but I've had no luck. Even the companies that claim they are fully remote, have restrictions on which countries you can work from