Paying city taxes via online bank transfer

I have seen on this forum that you can pay city taxes online with ePay.bg. However, as far as I can see, you need to have a PIN for this and you can only get a PIN by attending a municipality office in person with ID (https://szp.sofia.bg/OnlineReportWSClie … /login.jsf). I can't do this as I am not in Bulgaria.

I have a copy of the tax bill and the IBAN / BIC code is provided so you can pay by online bank transfer. I would like to do this but want to put a code under the "reference/reason for payment" section so the money is allocated to pay my bill and not someone else's. I cannot see on the bill where there is any unique code that identifies the bill as being mine. Can someone tell me where this reference code is on the bill? 

Thanks.

[Post deleted]

1. You are quite right, to use the municipality website directly, you need a PIN which is issued when you go there in person. This PIN is not required if you have the bill, and you're using another method of payment. It seems Plovdiv is now issuing this PIN electronically, so other municipalities may be doing the same as a result of Covid... but I couldn't find it mentioned on the Sofia site.

2. I was very slow paying (or registering) for my Plovdiv apartments. So, yes, it's better to register promptly and pay promptly, but it doesn't seem to be a huge issue. Late registration has a small fine. Late payment has a small fine / you lose the early payment discount. So it won't be the end of the world if you left it until you're back in BG.

3. But as you have the bill, you can still pay online. Either via EVTRA's suggestion of using the municipality's payment portal. Or via Epay, as you mentioned.

4. I looked at my Plovdiv taxes statement, and there doesn't seem to be a reference number. However, the login is my Bulgarian ID number from my residence card / "lichna karta" (plus the PIN). So I think it should be enough to include your name and your ID number on any payment reference. This is similar to the social security payment, where I use the NRA payment portal, and include my ID number (and name) as the reference. It seems to work fine... well, it does now that I'm choosing the correct category of social security payment! So I think you have to be careful, as EVTRA said, of specifying the correct category / category code.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don't have my Bulstat number to use as a reference and I don't have a Lichna Karta as I am not a resident.

I really need the "tax number". Can anyone confirm how many digits this is?