Taking online classes- books shipping costs?

Hi everyone,

I'm nearing my move to Reykjavik at the end of this month.  During my 1.5-2 yr stay I will be a full time undergraduate student online.  My question is what would be the most cost effective way to get my course books while living in Iceland?  Ordering them online (I'm assuming thats pretty pricey) I've even considered downloading e-books on my laptop.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

There might be good local options for a few, but amazon will ship books here in the worst case. Shipping is something like $10-15 plus about $5 per book. I usually end up paying around another $5-10 in import taxes. It's a little pricey, but if you order a few at a time, it dilutes the shipping a bit. Also, if you're keeping a US credit card active, it really helps in ordering ebooks.

Very helpful!  Thanks so much :)

Would I need to use Amazon UK?  Just curious as filling in the fields with an Icelandic shipping address is written out in a different format than the US.  Also, how would I fill out fields for ordering things online from an American website to be shipped to Iceland, because once again the fields are a little different.  Hopefully someone can help!

you can have an Icelandic shipping address on Amazon US- there's usually a toggle button somewhere that allows you to change to an international address. I've ordered from my Amazon US account and had it shipped here (and amazingly, didn't have to pay import fees).

if an online company allows shipping to other countries there's usually a way to put in an international address, or you can call to make the order and deal with it that way.

Thanks for the advice, you all are very helpful!