Vaccines required in the USA

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in the USA, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to the USA?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for the USA? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in the USA, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Diksha,

Thank you for posting such an important topic. I have been leaving in Texas for a few years so the above requirements would not apply to me at this time; however, perhaps I can direct some other expats to a website where they can find county by county information in case they would like to obtain additional information.  Please checkhttps://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine-hubs.aspx
For the Houston area:
https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov … -Providers

Stay Safe and Healthy

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?
I am a pro vaccination for all ages and groups.

Did you get vaccinated before moving to the USA?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?
If you will study in the US, you will need to get some vaccinations as requested by your university or show a Lab test showing that you was already vaccinated. However, most medical insurance provided by your university will cover the cost of those vaccinations.

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for the USA? If so, why?
No, never refused a vaccine and there wasn't any recommended vaccines in USA except those required for my university.

If you are an expatriate in the USA, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?
Yes,100%. Already got my 2 shots couple of weeks ago. COVID19 vaccine in the US is free and you can register for your shots online either through CVS pharmacies or through state website very easily. If we need to stop the virus speading and killing innocents in millions then we all shall take the vaccine as soon as we can.

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?
I don't know for now. However, this might be a requirement in the future