Best way to transfer money with minimum fees

Dear fellow expats, what is the best way to transfer my THB to SGD back to Singapore bank?

As of now, using Kasikorn Bank, but forex takes quite a chunk out of it.

Anyone knows of any other better alternative, please?

TransferWise should work .....

DeeMoney. via mobile app or in person at Sukhumvit Soi 8.

I use TransferWise for most of my overseas transfers as it's simple to set up, excellent exchange rates and very low commissions. However, I am mostly transferring from the UK to Malaysia or Indonesia. You'll need to check whether it's workable transferring out of Thailand as I've never tried it.

Depends on how much you want to remit. Always consider changing to S$ in Thailand (SuperRich) and making a trip to SGP. Beat the greedy banks!

@j0nt Bank to bank or western union transfers are very expensive!

After 6 month in Thailand, I found a new mobile application that allows you to have very interesting fees. It is called Remitly. It is available on Android and maybe on Apple.

The first 6 transfers are free (15€ offered) if you go through the link I give you and if not it's 3 euros per transfer! And the fees are not proportional to the amount sent. So in any case it's really interesting. I unfortunately did not have the chance to have a link like that so knock yourself out ! 🙂

remit.ly/tz8xx7

Hi very easy and cheap I have been using Wise for 4 years. You can get your money into your bank so quick, I transfer from Halifax Bank UK to Kasikorn Thai bank it can take 1 min.

here is a link

Denis

@j0nt

wise.com

I use this in many countries and cheap transfer and exchange rates.

You can sign up online but must have a bank account in one of their authorized countries.

They are based in the UK but offer accounts in many countries.

For example Bank of America charges my $ 45 USD and Wise charges $ 5 USD.

They will send you a debit master card and you can use that from the account also and no international fees, except for the local ATM fee (if you withdraw cash).

The exchange rate they provide is much better than normal banks.

@Lersons Using Wise I can transfer to my Wise account from my US account in seconds with my phone.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this is an old thread. The OP had posted back in 2020.

Regards,

Bhavna

Dear fellow expats, what is the best way to transfer my THB to SGD back to Singapore bank?

As of now, using Kasikorn Bank, but forex takes quite a chunk out of it.

Anyone knows of any other better alternative, please?
-@j0nt

If you have an account at K-Bank it's not expensive. It's an old school swift transfer and you just pay a small fixed fee.

I use TransferWise for most of my overseas transfers as it's simple to set up, excellent exchange rates and very low commissions. However, I am mostly transferring from the UK to Malaysia or Indonesia. You'll need to check whether it's workable transferring out of Thailand as I've never tried it.
-@ladivo779

You can't use Wise to transfer money out of Thailand.