OVERSEA CHQ

Hi Everyone,

I'm not a Thai national and i got a chq from Hong Kong to be drawn at TMB in Thailand,what are the documents do i nid to produce inorder to let me cash out the chq?

Identity card
Passport.....or etc.

Pls advise if you are aware of such situation.

Regards,
Kitiya

Welcome on the forum Kitiya ;)

I hope that other forumers will be able to advise you on the banking procedures. However, i think that your passport should suffice in order to cash your cheque!

Hi Kitiya,

Your name sounds thai but you said that you are not Thai.  I am not sure you are having a cheque or bank draft from HK but you need to deposit the cheque into your bank account here in Thailand for sure.  I doubt the cheque is cash as most people will cross the cheque when they sign it thus you need to deposit into your bank account.  If you are having a travellers cheque and made out to your name, its easier to go to the bank and cash it with your passport.

To Jcshine,

yes i'm Thai,i'm asking on behalf of my husband.
He got a bank draft chq under his name but he is not working in Thailand and just on holiday purpose,As he wont be going back to his country so soon ,so the company send him a bank draft chq under his name.He could not open an Thai account as he's not working her and dun haf work permit.
Issit possible for a foreigner to open a bank account in Thai without work permit?

Pls advise.

Regards,

Kitiya

Hi Kitiya,
You may try the thai bank in silom or sathorn area and maybe they may let your husband open a bank account there.

All bank draft need to be deposited into the bank account and it takes at least 1 week for clearing as they need to verify with the issuing bank of that country.

As you are married, perhaps you may consider opening a joint name account and that may solve your problem.  Its common for most spouse to have joint name bank account.