Helping those trying to return

For those of you in the Philippines at this time and have love ones with you consider how lucky you are. There are many of us that left right before the lockdowns and have been unable to return. There are many efforts out there underway to try to get the government to recognize those of us that are trying to return to our loved ones but unable to do so because we are not married or have children there. Please support and post anything that may help this cause and allow us to return. Personally I have been unable to return for 247 days and counting. These are the links to efforts underway and some have succeeded already with OUTBOUND restrictions being lifted October 21.
We are not tourist but wish to return to live permanently
Please spread the word.

#loveisnottourismPh. #loveisnottourism #liftthetravelban

To all my bro. Wish you can come back home before the year end.

Its a mess everywhere, I feel bad for you, I really do.

but on the flip side of the coin, I understand why they don't let people in and are being so strict. In their words, only emergency cases will be granted 9A tourist visa. You are either married or have child here under the age of 18, or you have a child (any age) that requires special needs. PH is currently ranked 20 of highest total case in the world according to  worldmeter.info

I don't recall where I read it from, but I think it was one of those government officials  that stated "Love is not considered a emergency". Don't quote me on this.

If they lift the travel ban and let people come and go as they choose, we'll probably be right under US and India really soon.

Visitors make up for only a very small % of the current population, so it's only normal to assume that their focus is to protect the current citizens and non-citizens that are already here.

Just hang in there and hope this pandemic will improve soon. Be it by vaccine or some miracle, all everyone can do is just wait and stay safe.

for what it's worth, aren't most countries doing the same thing and pretty much not letting anyone in unless it's a "emergency" ?

Hang in there, it will get better.  :heart:

Yep, I couldn't go back to work in Oz, dropped 100K for 5 months work, enjoying retirement but not the lock downs. Fortunate enough to rock up here on the 15th of March,,,,,,,,, Those stuck, I feel sad but it is the same in most countries, my sis in Melbourne Australia has not been able to see/cuddle her grandchildren let alone children for over 6 months, every contact is online.

Chin up.

Cheers, Steve.

Try contacting the Philippine Embassy and requesting a one year visa....they are currently allowing people with a long term visa into the country

Zeke1 wrote:

Try contacting the Philippine Embassy and requesting a one year visa....they are currently allowing people with a long term visa into the country

Hi Zeke, Can you supply some more info on what you have found with regards to long term visas/availability and which countries are accepted whether holding or applying for long term visas.

Cheers, Steve.

Mhammond40 wrote:

For those of you in the Philippines at this time and have love ones with you consider how lucky you are. There are many of us that left right before the lockdowns and have been unable to return. There are many efforts out there underway to try to get the government to recognize those of us that are trying to return to our loved ones but unable to do so because we are not married or have children there. Please support and post anything that may help this cause and allow us to return. Personally I have been unable to return for 247 days and counting. These are the links to efforts underway and some have succeeded already with OUTBOUND restrictions being lifted October 21.
We are not tourist but wish to return to live permanently
Please spread the word.

#loveisnottourismPh. #loveisnottourism #liftthetravelban

Have faith bro. Soon u will see u loved.

go to the Philippine Embassy web site and get up to the minute info.