English speakers

Hi there,

My partner and myself panning to move to Mayotee next year. My partner is a french speaker but unfortunately im not. Im studying french but in the meanwhile i can only apply for English job vacancies. Its been very tough to get some info in english. Do you perhaps have some suggestions regarding positions in english or maybe international companies that hiring in Mayotte?

Thank you so much in advance,

Much appreciated :)

Regards,

Angela.

Hello Angela,

Not sure whether this is of any interest to you yet, but when I lived in Mayotte, I was writing in my blog on Intagram (I later switched to Russian, but there are still lots of posts in English marina_chaff ) and on my website marinaexpatchaneleon.com, which is entirely in English. There is information about life in Mayotte in general and what you need to have for your moving.

As for the job, I didn't have your problem as I speak fluent French but I know a girl who was in your situation... And she did find a job! I can put you in touch with her. To be honest, there are very few choices. I can only think of one - teaching English. It's very well paid in Mayotte and although the job is tough and tiring, it offers a good life-work balance. If you are interested, I can give you more information.

Hope it helps and best of luck,

Marina

Hello! My husband and I are planning on relocating to Mayotte. We are both English speakers. We are beginning to learn French, but most of our language learning is going to occur once we move to Mayotte. We are looking for any job we can get as English speakers. We both have experience teaching English. Are you able to get us in contact with someone who can help us find jobs?  Thank you!

Hello Rachyn,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

Normally it's quite easy to find a job as English teachers. If you wish to work for the Government, you need to register on the  website Acloe:
https://bv.ac-mayotte.fr/acloe/do/candidat

Then you wait and they will contact you, which might happen at any time between June and August. Here is the email of the inspector of Foreign Languages at the Rectorate of Mayotte Mr Kouassi-Fily: [email protected]

Good luck!